Tell me about Hotel Lucerna

I am trying to get my BF who has been layed off from work, to go with me next week. What amenities are available? Is there a spa type deal? I looked on their website and didn't see anything like that. I know she/I would love to get a facial or a massage. Thanks in advance.

My sister and I were recently banded on 10/24/08 and we stayed at Lucerna. They do offer massages...we both had a full body massage the before surgery. It was $60.00 for 50 minutes. We thought it was reasonable...and it was well worth it!

They also mentioned there is a spa downw the street from Lucerna (you can take a cab) and they give out 20% off coupons at the hotel. When you walk into the lobby at the hotel on your right there is a massage table set up with a display board offering their services. Like I said it was well worth it especially before going onto surgery! And, they came up to our room and it was very private and relaxing!

Good luck with surgery and hopefully your friend joins you!! ;)

Hi Donna! Congrats with your decision to get banded ~ you won't regret this! I LOVE MY BAND!

OK, hotel Lucerna is quite a place. They have a great pool to have fun in. They have either 2 or 3 restaurants that caters with Dr. Ortiz's patients. I had my hair highlighted and a pedicure, after my surgery, at a nearby salon, which is about 5 minutes walking from the hotel. Ask the guys at the front entrance of the hotel...they have been banded by Dr. Ortiz from what I understand and they know all kinds of places around to assist you. Right across the street from Lucerna is a little hole in the wall liquor store where I bought a few popsicles and what a delight that was!

What I liked about the hotel is you can walk off the gas bubbles you have in you and still enjoy the site seeing, etc.

Hope this helps alittle...

Guest CaraMBA09
I am trying to get my BF who has been layed off from work, to go with me next week. What amenities are available? Is there a spa type deal? I looked on their website and didn't see anything like that. I know she/I would love to get a facial or a massage. Thanks in advance.

The Lucerna is wonderful. The staff is top knotch, the restaurants are fabulous and cater to those of us banded. They have the best chicken broth I have had and of course jello. Pedro, one of the servers was banded by Dr. Ortiz 8-10 years ago and he is so much fun to talk to. The pool is gorgeous...I could go on and on. Consider it like a mini-vacation!

Good luck

For Mexico, the hotel is great. It's not a Westin/Hyatt 5 star, but it is clean, safe and has great staff.

They have an amazing set of restaurants. You gotta go to the outside patio and order the Duck Taco. *YUM*

Sitting around the pool, I found the staff to be VERY accomodating. And the spa experience is apparently pretty good, although to be honest I didn't take advantage of that.

And after banding, visit the restaurant in the hotel for good chicken broth. They evn brought me some jalapeno to give it a bit of kick! (Ya, I'm weird like that.. I want intense flavour)

Taz

I missed the spa deal!! Darn.

I asked if there was a hot tub, and there isn't. The pool is not heated either. I was banded Sept. 12th.

So, they said it was cold, and it was. I didn't even get in.

We did enjoy lunch in the restaurant downstairs the day after surgery, it was very good.

We took a cab to the mall. That was mostly shoe stores, but it was fun. And also it was partly being

renovated.

The rooms were very nice, of course TV's no dvd player, I had a view of the pool. Very pretty.

The people that work there were so very nice.

Next time, if I stay after a fill, I'll get a massage.

Tara

Hello Mona, Can you walk to the mall?

Sure you can, if you are used to walking. It's about 4 or 5 blocks, long blocks, but it was fine for me. Of course, I walked to the OCC and back from the Lucerna so depends on if you like to walk. Didn't bother me a bit, but it bothered my husband!

I was just there last week. We didn't really go out and about, but the night that I had my surgery, I had a pedicure and a manicure right in my room at the clinic.... It was great!!!! The pool was cold, but we did put on a sweatshirt and sat outside around the pool...

• 2 weeks later...

Donna,

I am at the Hotel as we speak. Let me tell you, it is WONDERFUL here!!!!

I will take some pics later this afternoon and email them to you, if you want me to. Please send me your email address and I will forward.

K, my take:

Not everyone speaks english, but they'll find someone who can.

Daniel, Vincento, are the two staff I had the most contact with, and are top notch guys. They do their job well, and are very helpful. Daniel especially so, even though I was being very friendly to him and said it was okay to loosen up, he still kept that aire of "I'm here to serve you to the best of my ability" (butler'esque, I'd call it.)...but as I explained to him, "I'm your guest in your home, you don't have to apologize for me not knowing how things work here."

The hotel itself, on par by US standards, clean by any standard. Ice and water were okay to use there. (You can see their filtration system on the outside of the building.)

Now granted, it's no Ritz Carlton, but they provide Ritz quality service. The hotel is very similar to some of the nicer "average people" hotels, but the service is on the level of "A List" people hotels.