1st Fill

Has anyone had success with the 1st fill??? I am getting my 1st fill Friday and I was wondering if it is possible to have some success? I know it takes time but is there any chance it will work on the first try.

They say everyone is different. I got 2cc's in my 4cc band on my first fill, but had no restriction except that I didn't chew well enough about two times and the food got stuck...but it went down pretty easily. I'm getting another fill on Friday with hopefully some success.

Guest CaraMBA09
Has anyone had success with the 1st fill??? I am getting my 1st fill Friday and I was wondering if it is possible to have some success? I know it takes time but is there any chance it will work on the first try.

a big fat NO

I just got my 2nd fill today after getting my first fill 6 days ago. The liquid was blazing through. I am now at 3.6 in a 4.0 band - hence everyone is different!

Guest CaraMBA09
a big fat NO

I just got my 2nd fill today after getting my first fill 6 days ago. The liquid was blazing through. I am now at 3.6 in a 4.0 band - hence everyone is different!

actually, let me clarify as I sound like an opinionated wench

I was told by the fill nurse that the first fill is a "prime" for the band and the stomach - the band went from 2.0 to 1.6 cc's

everyone is different, some get restriction, others dont.

Personally, I did not.

Most of the weight I lost was on one fill, I got food stuck from the day I got that fill. I was stupid enought to think I needed another just because it seemed to be the thing to do. I ended up having to get most of that removed. so again everyone is different. I haven't lost much latley but I haven't really been trying. I might go in for a tweek but I never want to be over filled again, that my friend is no fun!!!!

I lost about 20 lbs from my first fill and then held steady for about 6 weeks, so I consider that a successful fill. My fill doc was impressed with the results and said that usually most patients don't do that well from the 1st fill. I had 1.5 cc in a 4 cc band.

Think positively, watch your intake, exercise and you will see results.

Good luck with your fill!!

I think its a very individualized result. Some people have success, but usually have to get at least one more fill.

I am told many guys only need one or two fills; women usually 3 or 4. Not sure why gender would make a difference, but apparently it does.

There is a good possibility that the fill can give you success. Remember though the band is a tool. NOT the solution. You still gotta make better choices. Eat right. CHEW. CHEW. CHEW. Exercise. Avoid liquid calories that have no positive value to your body.

You want the first fill to be successful. Then make sure you give it every opportunity to be! Good luck. Let us know how you do!

Taz

I did have a lot of success with my first fill. I lost 30 pounds with the first fill and I had a second fill 2 months later and now I have lost over 20 pounds. I have lost a total of 74 pound and I have had only 2 fills and I gave great restriction. I have a 10cc band, but like they say, everybody is different. I think it has a lot to do with what you eat and if you exercise ( which I do both). I love my band.

I thought I had a good first fill. I had it 2 weeks ago. I seem to have issues in the morning. Food got stuck. So now I do protein shake in the morn. But my 2 meals are easy to go down. I go by how full I feel and do the mental thing.

But I can eat quite a bit sometimes, and I can take big vitamins. So, I think I'm in need of restriction. I had a binge last night, and I don't want to be able to do that.

I'm going for my 2nd fill in 2 wks. Exactly 4 weeks apart.

BTW my 1st fill was 2cc in a 4cc band.

Remember it is 90% mental!

Good Luck!

Tara