Question re: Drinking after a snack

I'm been wondering 2 things and wanted to get your expert opinions on these questions.

1. After having a snack, is it necessary to wait 1 hour to drink, just like at the meal? I've been following the rule for the mealtime here, and wondered if you all did too.

2. If you just have a bite of something, for example, while cooking dinner to taste test something, do you refrain from drinking liquid as well? I do not follow the drinking rule in this case, and wondered what you all did.

Thanks for the help!

Denise

I'm been wondering 2 things and wanted to get your expert opinions on these questions.

1. After having a snack, is it necessary to wait 1 hour to drink, just like at the meal? I've been following the rule for the mealtime here, and wondered if you all did too.

2. If you just have a bite of something, for example, while cooking dinner to taste test something, do you refrain from drinking liquid as well? I do not follow the drinking rule in this case, and wondered what you all did.

Thanks for the help!

Denise

I don't worry about drinking with snacks or taste testing meals. There's truly not enough volume in my opinion to worry about it.

Hope that helps!

Jann

I avoid cooking (LOL) so don't have to worry about the tasting question

But, if I have a snack I do wait the hour until drinking something. Sometimes I actually get mad at myself for having the snack because then I can't drink. In the end it was probably the thirst that I wanted to quench and not hunger pangs when I snack anyway.

Probably a good rule of thumb to drink BEFORE snacking and see if that resolves the urge to snack. Special K protein water is always a good choice because it quenches, has taste and a few grams of protein.

Old habits die hard huh???

Good Luck!

What happens is that helps the food slide right through the band and it defeats the purpose. Dr. Miranda told me you have to be careful with salad too. The dressing can slide it right through.

What is the reasoning behind not drinking before and after meals?

Thanks, Kristy

I avoid cooking (LOL) so don't have to worry about the tasting question

But, if I have a snack I do wait the hour until drinking something. Sometimes I actually get mad at myself for having the snack because then I can't drink. In the end it was probably the thirst that I wanted to quench and not hunger pangs when I snack anyway.

Probably a good rule of thumb to drink BEFORE snacking and see if that resolves the urge to snack. Special K protein water is always a good choice because it quenches, has taste and a few grams of protein.

Old habits die hard huh???

Good Luck!

Kim,

I get mad at myself too when I eat something for a snack and then I'm thirsty. I'll try remember to drink some vitamin water first,

and then go for the snack....if I still want it.

Thanks for responding.....everyone's opinion sure helps!

Denise