Sliming trauma

Guest CaraMBA09

Guest CaraMBA09

I thought I would share something because even though this is gross, the solution worked!

I made a lean cuisine that was lemongrass chicken with brown rice. I took a few small bites of chicken and rice, chewed the hell out of it and still had it get stuck. I should have taken a bite every 5 minutes or so.

Anyways

I began sliming here at my desk...as most of you experienced slimers know...this sucks. I am new at this whole sliming thing, so after about 15 minutes of first running to the restroom and sliming into a large garbage can in a hallway...and then continuing to slime into my garbage can at my desk...I could NOT get this friggin chicken dislodged. It felt like bucketfuls of gooey, nasty phlem would not stop.

So I quickly "googled" Lap band sliming

Up popped this site with advice and this guy said that when HE gets something stuck...he will quickly drink a glass of water which will force the item to be PB'd

I then said what the hell and I did it. I began hicupping like crazy and well, it worked. although sitting here at my desk doing it was pretty nasty...it did work. It was like INSTANT relief.

I am going to swear off chicken for awhile.

I thought I would share something because even though this is gross, the solution worked!

I made a lean cuisine that was lemongrass chicken with brown rice. I took a few small bites of chicken and rice, chewed the hell out of it and still had it get stuck. I should have taken a bite every 5 minutes or so.

Anyways

I began sliming here at my desk...as most of you experienced slimers know...this sucks. I am new at this whole sliming thing, so after about 15 minutes of first running to the restroom and sliming into a large garbage can in a hallway...and then continuing to slime into my garbage can at my desk...I could NOT get this friggin chicken dislodged. It felt like bucketfuls of gooey, nasty phlem would not stop.

So I quickly "googled" Lap band sliming

Up popped this site with advice and this guy said that when HE gets something stuck...he will quickly drink a glass of water which will force the item to be PB'd

I then said what the hell and I did it. I began hicupping like crazy and well, it worked. although sitting here at my desk doing it was pretty nasty...it did work. It was like INSTANT relief.

I am going to swear off chicken for awhile.

Not sure how healthy that is, but I have no experience to back that claim up with. Just sounds dangerous.

Hope you are feeling better though. That can never be a comfortable feeling.

Taz

Wow Cara, you are wicked tight now girl!!!

Be careful, alot of PBing can cause damage. I was told not to drink anything at all and to let the slime do it's thing. It's like a clogged drain and if you had food or liquid on top of it, it makes it worse...but if it worked for you, go for it!!!

Have fun tomorrow and don't forget to call me!!!

Ah, your first time. Gross isn't it! I ALWAYS use four papaya enzymes when that happens and wait it out. I never take it to the PB stage. If it takes me five trips to the bathroom so be it. Sliming, in my experience never hurts, it's just really and truly gross. Its a sign that either we didn't chew enough or we ate too fast. I've noticed that I eat much faster when I'm out so now I just order a bowl of soup as my meal to avoid public sliming. <_<

Welcome to Bandland!

Jann

Guest CaraMBA09
PAPAYA ENZYMES!!!

Go to your local health food store and get Papaya Enzymes. They are digestive supplements that coat the piece of food and either assist to pass the band, or makes it more delightful to PB(tastes like papaya). So when I get something stuck, I chew 2 enzymes and wait. If I am still uncomfortable in 5-10 minutes, I stick my finger down my throat. Not very glamorous I know, but its better than drinking water, and throwing that up too. Think about how much more your stomach has to seize to bring up the water along with the chicken.

HTH,

Evette

Oh Evette..I know and guess where I left the damn bottle? in my car! a 10 minute walk away. I swear I bought a huge bottle the other night just based on your advice!

I am feeling much better though thanks everyone. I thought I chewed good enough...sounds like I will be on fluids AGAIN for another day

Thanks guys! I have now added papaya enzymes to my list of "have to have on hand". I am being banded at OCC Dec 2. I want to make sure I have anything and everything I need at home upon my return just in case I'm not feeling up to running out. I'd love an itemized list of "must-haves" if anybody has one! I've been researching this for more than three years but as my date approaches, I'm feeling confused and overwhelmed likely due to information overload. So far my list looks like this....please add to it where you see fit. Thanks!

Sabrina:)

Protein Water (for liquid phase)

Liquid Vitamins (Note I ave a VERY sensitive stomach so if you know of some that won't upset it....)

Liquid Tylenol (I can't take any NSAIDS so most other over-the counter meds are out)

Some kind of dissolvable fibre????

Crysal light to go packs

broth cubes/packets

Gas strips (I've never heard of these, help!)

jello

protein shakes and Lean Cuisines for pre-op diet

a variety of juices (for liquid phase)

Thanks guys! I have now added papaya enzymes to my list of "have to have on hand". I am being banded at OCC Dec 2. I want to make sure I have anything and everything I need at home upon my return just in case I'm not feeling up to running out. I'd love an itemized list of "must-haves" if anybody has one! I've been researching this for more than three years but as my date approaches, I'm feeling confused and overwhelmed likely due to information overload. So far my list looks like this....please add to it where you see fit. Thanks!

Liquid Vitamins (Note I ave a VERY sensitive stomach so if you know of some that won't upset it....)

Liquid Tylenol (I can't take any NSAIDS so most other over-the counter meds are out)

Crysal light to go packs

broth cubes/packets

jello

To revise:

Gas Strips: GasX has them, and someone mentioned Bean-o. But I'm a guy, I like to burp and fart. haha....but post-op, and for a couple days, they're not a bad idea. If you're unlucky like me, the CO2 will settle in your teeth, and hurt like hell for a week.

juices for liquid phase should be clear the first week. (i.e. white grape, apple)

fibre, never had to use it.

Crystal light, remember that aspartame reduces your ability to feel full, the method of action is blocking either transmitters or receptoprs (they're not sure which), that tell your brain you're full.)

Liquid vitamins, they're actually pretty nasty. Sublingual B vitamins are recommended for sure, Centrum taste like crap but they're palatable..(I don't look forward to it.)

Oh Cara, I tried it your way...I got a peice of pork stuck tonight, after two bites of dinner and starting sliming bigtime and feeling tighness in my chest..yet again...I took a couple of huge gulps of water and the chest pain got 100X worse and I projectile PBed into the bathroom sink...honey drinking when your stuck may work for you...but definitely not for me.

Guest CaraMBA09

Crysal light to go packs

broth cubes/packets

jello

Sweetpea, when are you getting banded?

Are you going to TJ?

Get Benefiber (it works the best)

Liquid tylenol and liquid vitamins? (are you going a bit extreme?)

Gas-X strips - work wonders

Sweetpea, when are you getting banded?

Are you going to TJ?

Get Benefiber (it works the best)

Liquid tylenol and liquid vitamins? (are you going a bit extreme?)

Gas-X strips - work wonders

So, the tylenol and vitamins don't need to be liquid? For some reason, I thought I wouldn't be able to swallow pills and I get tons of head-aches so I need to have some Tylenol on hand. I've never been able to tolerate vitamins or NSAIDS (stomach spazms so bad from some I've ended up in Emergency) but I know vitamins will be more important than ever so I want to find something I can tolerate. I've read that NSAIDS aren't recommended after banding, but I've had this problem for years- I'm not actually being banded until Dec.2.

When I get something stuck I usually wait for 5 minutes or so and try to relax and if that doesn't do the trick I get a cup of hot tea and take a few sips. This usually relaxes my band so I can finish my meal. I always take a minute to analyze whether or not I was eating too fast or if I am just full and shouldn't eat any more once the food passes.

So, the tylenol and vitamins don't need to be liquid? For some reason, I thought I wouldn't be able to swallow pills and I get tons of head-aches so I need to have some Tylenol on hand. I've never been able to tolerate vitamins or NSAIDS (stomach spazms so bad from some I've ended up in Emergency) but I know vitamins will be more important than ever so I want to find something I can tolerate. I've read that NSAIDS aren't recommended after banding, but I've had this problem for years- I'm not actually being banded until Dec.2.

I actually recommend the Liquid Tylenol, the cherry is great! I suffer with migraines, so I can relate to chronic headaches. And if you have a sensitive stomach, good luck! I have tried 3 brands of liquid vitamins and they have all gone straight through me! So, Dr. Miranda told me to Do Flinstone Chewables until I find something that works. She said they are just fine. So, when you get to the OCC, ask her about that. Ofcourse, I up the dose! But, I definitely feel your pain & I have never even had a sensitve stomach before! (just with these vitamins)