It's all become so clear to me now...

I just got my second fill Friday at the OCC. I had 1.8cc's left out of the original 2cc's-- the fill Dr. added the 2cc's plus .8 more for a grand total of 2.8cc's. He told me he couldn't believe how loose my band was and that he had to add so much for a second fill--

Anyway, the point of all that is...Wow! I now know what restriction is...and there is definitely a learning curve to it. Today I pb'd twice, but I know the fill isn't too tight because I can still drink liquids very easily. They aren't kidding when they say to take small bites and chew! 'Cause the food will get stuck. This is what I've learned in the past 24 hours--tortillas bad, cereal bad, english muffin okay is eaten extremely slow. Popcorn okay. Apples fine. And low and behold, salad doesn't hurt anymore! Go figure. Okay, sorry for the rant, but I get it now!!

Congrats on restriction!! And you are so right when you say that it's a whole new learning curve...I have also PBed twice in the past week, eating too big a peice and not chewing well enough, I should know better...it's extremely important!!!

Good Luck and watch those numbers fall!!!

Congrats on restriction!! And you are so right when you say that it's a whole new learning curve...I have also PBed twice in the past week, eating too big a peice and not chewing well enough, I should know better...it's extremely important!!!

Good Luck and watch those numbers fall!!!

I am a newbee and am strongly considering this procedure. What is PB?

Has anyone financed their costs for this procedure? If so, what company is recommended?

Merci beaucoup

I am a newbee and am strongly considering this procedure. What is PB?

Has anyone financed their costs for this procedure? If so, what company is recommended?

Merci beaucoup

"Productive Burping"- I know that I'm not probably the expert on this, but it's when I piece of food gets stuck and can't get through the stoma. You basically have to throw it up, but it's not really "throw up" since it never got to your stomach to begin with. It's the piece of food plus digestive juices that look like slime. It's really not as violent as it seems--it just happens and then you stop eating for awhile. If anyone knows of a better way to explain it, then it is much appreciated!

As to the financing, I don't know. I was lucky enought to have my surgery paid for in cash.

another cause of PBs that I have experienced in mass quantities is eating too fast, causing the swallowed food to block the gases coming back up (what we consider a normal burp). Sometimes, it feels like an alien will pop out of our chest, for about 30 seconds to a minute, and then the burp comes out and we are happy, and eat away.

Sometimes the body reacts to the blockage, and you salivate excessively. The saliva goes down to help, but it ends up blocking it even more. This is "sliming" and sometimes I've tossed the slime back out (yes, slightly thrown it up). It's not barfing, really, because no food particles come back, just the huge glob of slime, and it REALLY is viscous and sticky. It's gross, and you don't want to do it at the table in a nice restaurant.

Notify your husbands/significant others/boyfriends/girlfriends/ etc... anyone you eat with, that they are NOT to do the Heimlich Manuever when you experience this.... I almost had someone do it to me in a restaurant, and it would not have been good.

I was banded April 8, in TJ, and would go through EVERYTHING I've been through again, if I could go back... without hesitation. My weight is coming off healthily, slowly, and I am maintaining a normal routine. Each week, the scale tells me my journey was worth it ALL. I eat what I want, when I want... I'm just eating tremendously less than I used to. I have noticed in just this small time that my knees are happier, my back is happier, I sleep better.... and much more. I wish I had done this 15-20 years ago.

Me