Success

The great secret of success is self-discipline - getting yourself to do what

you really need to do - choosing to do what you feel is right and will bring the

results you want into your life - long term. It is bringing order and efficiency

into your life-. . . creating structure in your life and doing this enthusiastically!

Success comes from taking charge of yourself and feeling proud of yourself

when you do.

Here's to each one of our Success!!

~CoachCher~

Guest Marilyn

Help! I was banded Nov. 1 2006 and I did well until June. I have found that I have been able to eat more and more, therefore, having to fall back on self discipline, which of course, is what I do not have. I've learned most all foods, can be chewed and chewed and then will go down quite easily. I can eat a huge amount of salad, and can eat all the popcorn I want, as long as I do not drink with it. I can eat peanuts, and cake.. yuck!!! I am going crazy!!! I do not want to be able to eat. What is wrong? Does anyone else feel this way?

My last fill was a '3' whatever that means. I hate to tell my doctor that I am able to eat more, 'cause I'm sure he will say, 'You will have to use more discipline" Is that the answer? I was depending on the band NOT allowing food to go down. Can food by pass the band? I have lost 85 pounds, so that is good, I know.. but I have really had to work at it, and it is getting harder to not eat more, because I know I can.

The great secret of success is self-discipline - getting yourself to do what

you really need to do - choosing to do what you feel is right and will bring the

results you want into your life - long term. It is bringing order and efficiency

into your life-. . . creating structure in your life and doing this enthusiastically!

Success comes from taking charge of yourself and feeling proud of yourself

when you do.

Here's to each one of our Success!!

~CoachCher~

Easier said than done. But right on target.

Help! I was banded Nov. 1 2006 and I did well until June. I have found that I have been able to eat more and more, therefore, having to fall back on self discipline, which of course, is what I do not have. I've learned most all foods, can be chewed and chewed and then will go down quite easily. I can eat a huge amount of salad, and can eat all the popcorn I want, as long as I do not drink with it. I can eat peanuts, and cake.. yuck!!! I am going crazy!!! I do not want to be able to eat. What is wrong? Does anyone else feel this way?

My last fill was a '3' whatever that means. I hate to tell my doctor that I am able to eat more, 'cause I'm sure he will say, 'You will have to use more discipline" Is that the answer? I was depending on the band NOT allowing food to go down. Can food by pass the band? I have lost 85 pounds, so that is good, I know.. but I have really had to work at it, and it is getting harder to not eat more, because I know I can.

Hello Marilyn,

Ok honey calm down and take a breath. First and formost you have to remember you had surgery on your stomach not on your brain. It sounds like you might need another fill. Your band can be very fickle, and this fill might have done what it was going to do and now you need another one. The more weight you lose the more adjustments you might need. Now ask yourself this question are you eating solid foods that you really have to chew chew, chew and chew some more. If your eating foods that are processed they will go down much easier regardless of how properly adjusted you are. Try following a food journal for a week and make a note to what foods are easier to eat and which one's take more time to eat.

I think you will find if the foods you are eating are more processed they are easier to eat, and the ones that are complete solids take more time and effort to eat.

If this doesn't help contact your fill Dr and make that next appointment.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes.

~CoachCher~

Self discipline is great, but if most of us possessed it then why would we all be here as participants in weight loss surgery? I am successful and in control of every aspect of my life except when it comes to my weight. I discovered long ago that what goes in my mouth is not to feed my hunger but to soothe my mind.

Self discipline is linked to will power and the famous, Dr. Phil McGraw has plenty to say about that. So for all of you, like myself, who have beaten yourself up countless times for not having any willpower or self discipline "digest" these words of empowerment:

"Let's get something straight: you have been lied to by the diet industry that you require willpower in order to successfully control your weight. You bought into that lie, and it has beaten you down, and crused the very core of your being. You believed that you failed because you lacked suficient willpower, and that somewhere inside you, you were weak and inadequate .... You no longer have to rely on willpower. It simply does not work. Willpower is an outright myth, and your willingness to be deluded by this myth has sabatoged your weight-control eforts for far too long. Willpower is unrelieable emotional fuel that drives you when you are exited, motivated, or energized. Willpower is what emporarily pumps you up when you join a gym because you made a New Year's resolution to start exercising ... No one stays fired up continuously ... Using willpower to achieve and sustain wieght loss, or any lasting change for that matter is destined for doom." Dr. Phil McGraw The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution, page 17

Dr. Phil goes on to talk about keys of success and how we need to re-program the way we think to develop a lifestyle of healthier behaviors. For any of you out there like me who eat for any reason other than hunger, Dr. Phil certainly has some powerful insights into changing the way you think about food. Of course, there is no quick fix ... it takes a while to reprogram years of negative self-talk and poor habits. Very insightful though.

Chelley

Before surgery, Dr. Ortiz came to talk to me. He said something along the lines of ..."it is not your fault you are overweight. You're body is broken, and doesn't signal that it is full, but we will fix that today." That made me feel pretty good. He sees thousands of overweight people, and pounds and pounds of disgusting flesh, and yet says it is not my fault.

For years, I used food to help me get through difficult emotions. And it worked. I managed to get through things that drive others to drugs or suicide. Food worked for me, it helped me deal with life. But it also created very bad habits. It is a matter or retraining your mind. I don't need food like I did. What saved me before, no longer works for me, so it is time to relearn. I read a book that really helped me connect my eating to my emotions, and helped me figure out how to change it. It is called "Body Clutter" by Marla Cilley and Leanne Ely. It was very helpful, and I think I will read it again soon. What worked in the past, is no longer good enough for me, so it is time for me to make another choice in dealing with my feelings.

Becki

Guest Marilyn

Hello Marilyn,

Ok honey calm down and take a breath. First and formost you have to remember you had surgery on your stomach not on your brain. It sounds like you might need another fill. Your band can be very fickle, and this fill might have done what it was going to do and now you need another one. The more weight you lose the more adjustments you might need. Now ask yourself this question are you eating solid foods that you really have to chew chew, chew and chew some more. If your eating foods that are processed they will go down much easier regardless of how properly adjusted you are. Try following a food journal for a week and make a note to what foods are easier to eat and which one's take more time to eat.

I think you will find if the foods you are eating are more processed they are easier to eat, and the ones that are complete solids take more time and effort to eat.

If this doesn't help contact your fill Dr and make that next appointment.

Good Luck and let me know how it goes.

~CoachCher~