"Pro Bandsters"...Can you help me out w/some questions?

Hi.

I am leaving Thursday morning, getting banded on Friday...YEAH!!! I am happy to report I have lost 14lbs on my pre-op in two weeks as of this morning. I have so many questions maybe some of you guys could help..

I would like to know how much money do you think I should take?

Do they put any fill in your band when you are banded?

I have also heard alot of people eating the night before getting banded? Can we do that.

How much does it cost for the chicken broth/water at the hotel?

Does the Hotel/Clinic have WIFI?

I have a scheduled Zoom Whiting, is it worth it?

What is one thing do you wished you would have done while you where there.

Thanks again!

Hi.

I am leaving Thursday morning, getting banded on Friday...YEAH!!! I am happy to report I have lost 14lbs on my pre-op in two weeks as of this morning. I have so many questions maybe some of you guys could help..

I have also heard alot of people eating the night before getting banded? Can we do that.

Does the Hotel/Clinic have WIF?

Thanks again!

Oh, lucky you! I am having my surgery next Thursday, so I will be very interested in how you are doing. Please, please, please, keep me posted and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, lucky you! I am having my surgery next Thursday, so I will be very interested in how you are doing. Please, please, please, keep me posted and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply, it will be very helpful. I think the biggest think that is up in the air for me is the Zoom whiting...Just not sure of it.

Mrs Parris, I am taking my labtop and I will post as soon as I can.

Here is my take on your questions:

I agree on how much money to bring it really depends on if you plan on shopping or not. I did a bit of shopping, but there were also many places that took debit/credit cards and I had no problem with that. It's always good to have cash on you though for cabs, etc...I don't remember how much the soup in the restaraunt was - $4 or $5 bucks maybe? I also got jello one night and it was about the same.

I ate the night before my procedure and probably ate way too much, but that is because they got me in a day early. I didn't know i'd be banded that day! Everything went off without a hitch, but if I would have known i'd be banded that day I would have eaten, but not nearly as much. At a TON of seafood the night before!

Not sure about the clinic but the Lucerna has free WiFi and let me tell you that was fantastic! Was able to lay right on my bed or on the balcony and check my email and what not. The clinic has little kiosks with computers there so I didn't use my laptop there.

Can't help on the zoom, but I agree that might be too much for one day. They do offer pedis and manis though and I kind of wish I would have done that!

As far as what I wish I would have done, kind of wish I had a day before to sight see, hit the pool, and what not. It was nice getting it over w/ a day early, but afterwards I was too tired and sore to really do anything. Went shopping for a bit, but that didn't last long - people are really pushy and I got cranky. Did a bus tour but that really wasn't a good idea - too bumpy that hurt! I've been told that around the corner from the hotel there is a place for manis and pedis and massages - that would have been really nice.

Best of luck! No fears it will go off without a hitch. Let us know when you are all done!

Hi.

Does the Hotel/Clinic have WIF?

Thanks again!

Guest CaraMBA09

I only brought $130.00 and it was not enough to shop on Revolucion Avenida. I wish I had brought at least 100-200 more.

Do they put any fill in your band when you are banded?

For me no, I had no fill in when I went for my first fill

I went down the street to the restaurant that is in the BRIGHT yellow building (about two blocks down). I had the best sauteed prawns in garlic, homemade corn tortillas and chicken and rice with my aunt. I was not about to NOT enjoy the food one last time. I was done eating by 8 pm...my surgery was at 10 am the next day

$4.50

Bottled water is expensive! about $4.00 per bottle

Does the Hotel/Clinic have WIFI?

yes!

Yes, Absolutely! I had my zoom done 3 hours after surgery...I fell asleep in the chair, it was glorious. I was a bit sensitive afterwards for two days. I should have taken something, but chose not to. I would HIGHLY recommend it - you will not regret how pretty your teeth will look.

gone shopping down the entire Avenida. We stopped halfway down after spending our money...:(

Congrats on your decision. I was just banded on Oct. 31, 2008 and had the zoom whitening the next day. It was great for me. No pain with the zoom and hardly any with the band. I don't see any reason not to do both on the same visit. I was a little leary at first also but now I'm glad that I did it.