First bit of food 21-days post-op

Last 3 days of post-op were hell. I wanted food SO BAD...not because I was hungry, but because I was craving food.

I chewed cloves* and anbesol to deaden that pesky wisdom tooth of mine, and I had some food. (pizza, it was quite good, and I had no problems...

also had a blueberry muffin, only because it was made special for me as a "yay you're done" gift....even though I probably shouldn't have, it still went down without issue.

Everyone has been very supportive, and even in the small town I live in, many people that were sitting on the fence, are considering scheduling a trip to TJ, even though there's a doc here in town that does Lapband, (So, Dr. Ortiz, maybe you'll need to gimmie a free fill haha).

Pre-op, cake. Post op, cake till day 18.

One thing I've learned, wait till you are fully awake to eat until you get into the routine of the new way of eating, (small bites, chew it up). I made the mistake of waking up and immediately eating breakfast, and almost PB'd, because I wasn't paying attention, took a big honking bite, chewed and swallowed. Luckily it was soft food and went through after a little water, some walking, and some coughing. That feeling is a horrible feeling, like wanting to burp, hiccup, cough, sneeze, and puke all at the same time. Take it to heart, you have to eat with purpose and be mindful of what you're doing, just like driving a car. Eat to live, don't live to eat.

*cloves are a natural anesthetic, fyi.

Guest CaraMBA09

Way to go Trav! I am not too sure about the whole pizza thing, but hey..I completely understand, just know your limits. I WILL guarantee you once you GET a fill where you have restriction...you will not eat pizza..so enjoy now. LOL

Just as you talked about burping, hiccuping, etc (is that NOT painful?) I had to slime up some soup I had...i just ate too much, too fast. I am still learning, it has only been a week since I had really good restriction

It is all about changing our behavior!

all the best to you, cara

Last 3 days of post-op were hell. I wanted food SO BAD...not because I was hungry, but because I was craving food.

Ok, so how are you doing NOW? Now being on solids, have you found the cravings go down after getting your pizza, blueberry muffin and tacos? I found day 19-20 was my tipping point where the craving was unbearable... which made day 21-22 a refreshing change. Now that I have been eating, it hasn't been too bad.

Curious to know how you are doing now.

Taz