My plane leaves tomorrow!

I wanted to take a couple of minutes and thank each and every one of you who have answered my questions over the past 2 months. You have helped me feel more confident about my decision to have the surgery and to go to Mexico to have it done.

I've lost my pre-op weight + a few extra pounds, my boarding passes are printed, my plane leaves in the a.m. at 6:00. My pre-op is Nov. 19th and surgery date is Nov. 20th. My husband and I are taking a mini-vacation in Disneyland for 4 days, since we already had to purchase airfare, we figured, what's a couple of extra $$$? I have all the important things packed, like Phazyme strips, powdered chicken broth, protein water packets, My certified check, paperwork, etc. I am also packing my laptop, so I can stay connected with you all. I even had my husband get $300 in small bills for TJ, because I love to shop, and someone said something about a mall with lots of shoe stores. :D

ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE?

Once again, thanks to all of you who replied to my posts. Your support has really been appreciated!

Kimberly

Hi Kim!

Wow, you are on the road girl! That is what we are here for - to support everyone for all issues. I, too, was so glad to have others assist me.

It seems as though you are all set really! Good to see you can add alittle extra time for fun before going to OCC. Make sure you have a valid, current, picture ID - I had my passport. The only thing I personally used while at TJ was the Gas X strips, protein water packs, my toiletries, and a change of clothes. I didn't shop around, as I live in San Diego, but just relaxed and enjoyed myself at the Hotel.

NOTE: Both at OCC and the hotel you can use their computers, so I didn't have to bring my laptop at all.

Good Luck and see you on the other side!!

I wanted to take a couple of minutes and thank each and every one of you who have answered my questions over the past 2 months. You have helped me feel more confident about my decision to have the surgery and to go to Mexico to have it done.

I've lost my pre-op weight + a few extra pounds, my boarding passes are printed, my plane leaves in the a.m. at 6:00. My pre-op is Nov. 19th and surgery date is Nov. 20th. My husband and I are taking a mini-vacation in Disneyland for 4 days, since we already had to purchase airfare, we figured, what's a couple of extra $$$? I have all the important things packed, like Phazyme strips, powdered chicken broth, protein water packets, My certified check, paperwork, etc. I am also packing my laptop, so I can stay connected with you all. I even had my husband get $300 in small bills for TJ, because I love to shop, and someone said something about a mall with lots of shoe stores. :D

ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE?

Once again, thanks to all of you who replied to my posts. Your support has really been appreciated!

Kimberly

Hi Kimberly, I'll see you there!! Have fun on vaca. I plan to go to the mall - oh how I love shoes :) I'm going to take Denise's advise and walk walk walk.

Jazzy - you are so supportive!! Thanks for the information about the computer that's really nice.

Congrats to everyone being banded!

You will all do great! Relax and enjoy your time at the OCC ! Yes, WALK as soon as you can and as often. I didn't have hardly any gas pains and I contribute it to walking a lot. I was up 15 minutes after they wheeled me to my room.

ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE?

Kimberly

I'm so happy for you! Enjoy your trip and get ready for the next leg of your journey! Can't wait to hear how you make out.

Jann

Sounds like you are all set! I didn't use my laptop at OCC, but did at Lucerna b/c they had wireless and I could just relax in bed and use it. To be real honest, I took some bullion and other stuff, but I never used it. I used my protein water, but I bought broth and jello in the restaurant so now I have a brand new can of bullion in my cabinet that will probably never get used.

Good luck! Have a blast on your vacation and let us know when you are out of surgery!!

I am in Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and they have internet!!! The hotel is beautiful, and the service is wonderful. The park has been unusually low in crowds due to the nearby fires. I am having a blast. I miss my children so much, though. My husband and I are having the best time, he just keeps encouraging me to shop, and I am more than happy to do as he says. I have already had to buy a huge duffle bag for all the stuff I've bought, and it is stuffed full. We are walking our rears off, this morning my feet and ankles are so sore, I can't wait to lose enough weight that they don't hurt anymore.

I am doing fairly well on my pre-op diet, I had already lost more than what I had to, so I am not stressing it so much. I am doing my shake for breakfast, one meal eating out per day, and an evening snack. With all the walking and the fact that Aunt Flo decided to visit early, I know it won't cause me to gain any weight. I actually think by the 19th I will have lost another pound or two, the only reason I am glad Flo decides to visit monthly.

I wish I had known about the heating pad. I have one at home I could have brought.

Thanks to all for the sweet replies, I will stay in touch and let you all know how things go, but I have no worries. I know I made a wise choice in the OCC, just wish I had done it when I first researched it 2 years ago.

Well guys, I am off to ride some rides and trade some Disney pins!!!!!

Kimberly

SALENA, JANINE, & DONNA,

I can't wait to meet you ladies when we get to the OCC!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly