"The Doctors"

Did anybody Dr. Ortiz on "The Doctors" tv program?

I turned on the tv and there he was! It was very good. Hopefully

you guys had your DVR's and video devices programmed.

It was on Teen Lap-Band. But there was a family of 3 that also had

done the surgery. I'm not sure they were Dr. Ortiz's patients, but the

teen was. Best of luck to her "Stephanie" and her Mom.

Tara

Hi Tara,

The family of (3) is my son, daughter in law, and my grandson and they were ALL banded by Dr. O!

Yeah, I thought it was good. I thought it was funny how the young Dr. was very skeptical and questionable, and Dr. O just kept smiling refering to "what his study shows", I was glad the older guy supported Dr. O and let him talk.

Dr. O stood his ground and was confident! I was proud of him. (although, he seemed a little nervous on TV) He definitely let everyone know it was safe and was confident it would be coming to America! (for teens)

Guest CaraMBA09

Tara

I am so bummed I missed this...I did not see any warning the day or two prior to it being shown either.

How do I get a copy?

I am not shocked that the young doctor was questioning Dr. Ortiz so hard, he is a real prick if you have ever watched the Bachelor that he was on...he thinks quite highly of himself.

They have previous episodes on their website, but when I looked the other day they were only up to three days prior, but it might be up now.

I agree Dr. Stork was a jerk, but I guess one of them does need to play devil's advocate to some point. But it's obvious that he has never had a weight problem and/or has no kids. I see the things overweight kids go through in their lives and how it impacts them down the road for life and if my kids had that issue I would get them lapband in a heartbeat!!! But I agree Dr. O did a great job explaining and I was glad the other doctors were siding with him.

Check The Doctors website...should be posted soon.

Tara

Hi Tara,

I also saw "The Doctors" TV program with Dr. Ortiz. I'm glad he was able to get on the program, but it would have been nice if they would have let him talk more. What he did say was right on the money, but I would have liked it if he would have expanded more on the future health implications associated with being obese at such a young age. Also, if they both could have elaborated more on the importance of looking at it as physical tool, rather than concentrating on the social stigma effects, I think it would have been helpful.

Either way, I think Dr. Ortiz did an awesome job throughout the show. I'm so glad he's taking the time to educate the public, and I'll always be grateful to him for doing my own surgery earlier this year!

- (1jmk) Janet

Jazzy that is so cool that the family of 3 was your son.

As to all the other responses, you were right, the other Doctors

were jerks, but at the end, they seemed to come around to the idea.

Dr. O. was very good, but yes he looked nervous. Maybe, it's because

he didn't have his coffee cup! :lol:

I hope they have him on again. And hopefully it will be a longer segment.

They have several topics per show, and it seems that they should devote

a whole show to some topics. Like Lap-Band.

Anyway, I'm glad you guys saw it.

Tara

TY Tara! Yes, I think so too!

LOL...I was going to say the exact same thing about Dr O's coffee cup! He just loves his cuppa when he goes around to each patient before surgery and chat. Too funny! Personally I thought he was put on the "back burner" as he was away from the 'panel' of drs. I feel as though he should have been up front with the intent to be noticed and gave him extra time to talk more. Hopefully, the next time will be better...

TY Tara! Yes, I think so too!

LOL...I was going to say the exact same thing about Dr O's coffee cup! He just loves his cuppa when he goes around to each patient before surgery and chat. Too funny! Personally I thought he was put on the "back burner" as he was away from the 'panel' of drs. I feel as though he should have been up front with the intent to be noticed and gave him extra time to talk more. Hopefully, the next time will be better...

He didn't have a cup when he came in my room. Just made himself real comfy and plopped (is that a word, lol) down on the couch, folded his arms and said, so how much weight you wanna lose? LOL I just love him! He is so laid back!

I do hope he gets more opportunities like The Doctors show!

I am so bummed I missed this...I did not see any warning the day or two prior to it being shown either.

How do I get a copy?

I am not shocked that the young doctor was questioning Dr. Ortiz so hard, he is a real prick if you have ever watched the Bachelor that he was on...he thinks quite highly of himself.

I have the show on DVD and I am working to see if I can get it put up online. If anyone is interested in seeing it, send me a private message. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks to all of you and the support this forum brings. It was tough for my wife & son & I to do the show but we feel so strong about it.

By the way, Joey is now down over 60lbs!!!

Mike

I saw the show. I thought The Doctors were disrespectful to our Dr.O. He was so dignified and gracious when his "hosts" were anything but. They kept him to the side and even turned their backs on him so they could all fit in camera range. That said, Dr. O does great work and screw the smug "doctors". Dr. O can run circles around any of them.

I'm glad that I am not the only one to see the show, it was crazy that they told the girl that she could only eat two bites of food at one time ever!!! Dr Ortiz kindly said that she would eat one third of what she used to eat. He was a class act!

Barbara