Racquetball

I am a racquetball lover and was banded on 10-23. Does anyone know how long i have to wait until i can play agian?

I have a similar question (sort of) so i'll just post it in here. I know it says no lifting anything over 10lbs for 6 weeks, but what about other activities? Specifically cleaning (pushing a mop and broom), yardwork, etc...I own a home and I live alone basically - my brother lives here but we will just say I do most everything around here. I've been staring at my floors and yard all day and they are driving me nuts! I started to rake today but got freaked out and quit. Was scared i'd do something. What is OK?

You really need to focus on not using your stomach muscles. Sweep in small spurts, focusing on using your arms.

Be careful with raking - it feels like you are using your stomach muscles - stop. Racquetball has a lot of twisting of the abs and you use your torso – but truthfully, you can sweep and rake in small spurts without much ab movement. But make your brother pick up the leaves and bag them for you. What I did was really listen to my body, if I was tired or soar I stopped and I didn't do any heavy lifting or bending.

Take care, take it easy - a bit of a dirty house is livable compared to damaging your band!

Very true! I need to milk it for all it's worth and ask my brother to do more. I just keep staring at my hardwood floors where the dog prints are on them and it's driving me nuts! I got some leaves that were along the path in a pile so i'll ask him to bag them up. I started to feel it so I quit and it freaked me out a bit. I could really care less about how the back looks, but they were really piling up along the front walk. But no amount of leaves are worth messing this up!!!

I am a racquetball lover and was banded on 10-23. Does anyone know how long i have to wait until i can play agian?

I am a squash player, and played my first game last week. A bit of soreness for some of the lower dive returns, but overall, didn't kill me. I was banded a month ago.

Taz