Well my friends, I have come to a conclusion......

I LOVE RESTRICTION!!!!!!

Yup, still got it! Although I will admit it has settled down a bit and I could use another poke. But for the most part, I LOVE NOT BEING ABLE TO EAT MUCH! It feel like a battle I have been waging for most of my life and I have now begun to conquer. Don't get me wrong, I can still cram a half gallon of ice cream down my throat, but I just don't want to anymore.

Anyway, I still refuse to step on the scale. Not only am I trying to get over my scale obsession, I get too upset to see it stay the same. So, after my last WONDERFUL fill, I decided NOT to get on that darn monster until my next visit which is on December 2nd.

But...............I bought a new pair of pants, size 24 100% cotton, washed them and even dried them and they are TOO BIG! I was in a 28 start, but after going through my closet and trying on all my old 24's and even this new pair, and seeing how big they were, I can confidently say that I am in a solid size 22!

I can't believe after all these months IT IS FINALLY WORKING!!!!!!!!!

Ok, so it's not a huge loss yet, but for me, IT IS HUGE! I was SOOOOOOO losing hope. It seems like these past 4 weeks since I have had true restriction, it didn't seem to be any feeling of loss. It must have been one of those overnight miracles, but my 24's are falling off my big ole butt today! And my bras? Forget it. I HAVE to go get some new ones, thats all there is to it.

And I took a 4 mile walk over my lunch break at work in 40 degree weather! Got to get all the walking in I can before we get too cold here. Snow is expected this week. Not that I mind walking in snow, but where I live I am surrounded by open fields and we are marooned quite often here with house high drifts. Can't really walk in that.

So, for today, I AM HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fantastic!! I can feel how happy you are today! How great that you've turned a corner as far as overeating goes. I feel inspired. Today is two weeks since I was banded and I'll have my first fill on Dec. 15. I'm looking forward to feeling restriction. I'm very careful with the liquids but don't feel any different yet. Thank you for sharing your story!

Mona my special banded buddy... I am so happy for you. You certainly win the prize for the stick-to-it plan. Yes restriction is something so elusive we know not what to expect and then one day we have it...YAHOO for you my dear friend. I am psyched. Loss is loss no matter how long it takes. And to be able to fit into the 22's is wonderful. Thank you for hanging in here and showing how the little engine that could CAN!!!

:lb10: :lb21: :lb24: :lb10: :lb21: :lb24: :lb21: :lb10:

I'm so happy to hear this from you. I have been following your journey, and it has been

a long road for you. Keep up the attitude. That is huuuuge!

And good for you not weighing. I'm addicted to the scale also, and I should take your

advise.

I go for my 2nd fill this Saturday. I don't have much if any restriction now.

And I hope this does the trick. This is the worst time of year for me. With all the

holidays and the goodies that come with it. I know we can do it.

Stay on this forum!!!! And pretty soon you will be too small for 22's!!!

Tara

That's fantastic Mona!! It's finally happening for you...I could not be more pleased!!

I am a solid size 22 now too...so I know for a fact that you have lost quite a bit...I started at 26-28 too...and I am down 60.

So the scale is going to give you a nice surprise on Dec 2/08 (my hubby's birthday).

Cheers to you my dear!!!

Mona Dear I'm SO, SO happy for you, truely I am!!! ><' :lb10:

I know how you've struggled and searched for 'The fill'....... and now the benefit of watching your clothes get bigger and bigger!!! Awesome!

Keep up the great work and I'm so proud of you that you're not obsessing over the scale!

Best wishes, Darlene

That is so fantastic...congrats! I can't imagine how frustrating that has been. I am now starting to understand what "bandster hell" is so I can't imagine the willpower you have had to have to get to this point.

Congrats! I'm sure the weight will start dropping fast now!

I'm so happy for you Mona! You win the prize for sticking to the plan for the longest time! I have lots of size 20's when you are ready for them. It won't be long!

Denise

Mona -

I am so happy you finally have restriction. More importantly, I am so proud of you that you have stuck with it and looked at the big picture and never gave up. I too struggle with losing weight - I am lucky if I can take 4 lbs off in a month so I know how hard you have struggled. I just booked my 2nd fill (December 17th) and hope after that I get some much needed restriction. I am losing now purely on will-power and exercise. Although, I feel better than I have in years.

Remember - we can do this together!

Keep up the great work and congratulations! :)