Do I need a fill?

Hi,

Boy this is confusing, I mean about how much fill to have. I got banded in June and have lost 30 pounds so far. I got my first feeling of restriction when I had my last fill 6 weeks ago. I lost only a couple of pounds.

I have had food get stuck a half a dozen times and after spitting up slime for 5-10 minutes, I am fine. Does this mean that I have the right amount of fill. Because I don't ever seem to feel full and I am hungry a lot of the time, feels like there is no band.

I have 20-25 more pounds to loose, and my weight is not budging.

What is your experience? Do you think that maybe I need to get the band fill tweeked up a bit? I have under 1.5 CC's

thanks for any advise, I really want to know what you think.

Hi Barb,

Sliming doesn't necessarily mean restriction..it means you are taking too big a bite and not chewing well enough.

If you are not feeling full after eating 3/4 cup of food per meal, you need a fill.

You are doing great so far, but if you need a little help, book a fill!!!

I was banded in June as well and have lost 33 lbs so far. I started out with more to lose than you did, so you are doing well...being a smaller person I would say. By comparison, I've had 4 fills and now have a total of 4cc's in my band (see my signature for fill sizes).

I never had restriction until my 3rd fill and this last tweak I received finally got me to where I feel full after eating about 1 cup of food. So, now I'm just waiting for the weight to fall off! I've got to concentrate harder on getting in enough water though. I know that's my biggest problem.

Good luck to you and breaking the plateau!

Denise

Hi Barb,

Sliming doesn't necessarily mean restriction..it means you are taking too big a bite and not chewing well enough.

If you are not feeling full after eating 3/4 cup of food per meal, you need a fill.

You are doing great so far, but if you need a little help, book a fill!!!

thanks Cat, I will

I was banded in June as well and have lost 33 lbs so far. I started out with more to lose than you did, so you are doing well...being a smaller person I would say. By comparison, I've had 4 fills and now have a total of 4cc's in my band (see my signature for fill sizes).

I never had restriction until my 3rd fill and this last tweak I received finally got me to where I feel full after eating about 1 cup of food. So, now I'm just waiting for the weight to fall off! I've got to concentrate harder on getting in enough water though. I know that's my biggest problem.

Good luck to you and breaking the plateau!

Denise

I think that I will need a fill, I thought that the slimming meant that I didn't. I worry about so much, I worry that I am stretching my pouch.