Woo Hoo Finally in Bandland!

What a whirlwind it has been. I was truly hoping for the surgery the day we arrived and I got it. Everyone has been exceptional. I just feel like I have done a bazillion sit ups and my lower back hurts from laying down all day. I am currently at the hotel awaiting my massage, mani and pedi.

It was a pleasure meeting Kimberly and her hubby. Such nice and wonderful people.

I ended up bringing too much stuff so my bag is heavy. Should be an interesting walk across the boarder.

Thanks for everyone's kindness and support on this forum.

I am so happy for you!!!!! Truly. We started on this forum together and I felt so bad when you had to cancel your first surgery. I am so relieved to hear that you did not let it go. Now HERE YOU ARE!!!!! today is a new beginning for you. A healthy happy beginning. But remember you will have your hard times. When you do, go back to the moment when you decided that enough was enough. It will all be worth it!!!!!

YAY Donna!!! WTG and WELCOME to Bandland - HOO RAH!

I know the feeling about your whirlwind experience - I had the same thing too! I was in and out so fast...it was hard to believe I had the surgery! LOL

OK...remember, to SIP, SIP, SIP and WALK, WALK, WALK off your gas bubbles!

Keep us posted and see you on the next post! ((HUGS!))...Jude

What a whirlwind it has been. I was truly hoping for the surgery the day we arrived and I got it. Everyone has been exceptional. I just feel like I have done a bazillion sit ups and my lower back hurts from laying down all day. I am currently at the hotel awaiting my massage, mani and pedi.

It was a pleasure meeting Kimberly and her hubby. Such nice and wonderful people.

I ended up bringing too much stuff so my bag is heavy. Should be an interesting walk across the boarder.

Thanks for everyone's kindness and support on this forum.

OMG YAY!!!! The first day of the rest of your life! I'm excited for ya! Oh, and jealous of the whole massage, mani/pedi thing of course! hehe

Jann

Thank you everyone. The massage was fantastic. I had some gas pains in my shoulder and lower back and she took care of them. I am trying to make arrangements to be on the train for home tomorrow, which BTW, the train was a great way to travel and I will do it again for my fills.

I can't WAIT to see the results of all this.

BTW, my scale at home said I hit 213 but the scale here said my weight was 228??? Oh well, I am holding on for the ride.

Hi Donna! So glad to hear from you! Oh, I am so jealous ~ a massage! Glad to see it worked wonders for you. Still, you need to continue to WALK, WALK, WALK! I can't stress enough of this exercise.

THROW THAT DARN SCALE AWAY! I don't have it in my house any more - I keep wanting to go on it and it was starting to be an obsessing! I had my hubby get rid of it and it is in the truck of our new car! So, if I want to weigh myself, I would need to do it in front of him and the neighbors! Besides, go by your body built and watch the inches melt away! I started thinking this and lost 2 pants size and (blushing)...down 2 sizes panties! HOO RAH!

I can't wait to hear of your success with your journey too! Keep us posted as you venture on!

WTG and Good Luck!

Hi Donna! So glad to hear from you! Oh, I am so jealous ~ a massage! Glad to see it worked wonders for you. Still, you need to continue to WALK, WALK, WALK! I can't stress enough of this exercise.

THROW THAT DARN SCALE AWAY! I don't have it in my house any more - I keep wanting to go on it and it was starting to be an obsessing! I had my hubby get rid of it and it is in the truck of our new car! So, if I want to weigh myself, I would need to do it in front of him and the neighbors! Besides, go by your body built and watch the inches melt away! I started thinking this and lost 2 pants size and (blushing)...down 2 sizes panties! HOO RAH!

I can't wait to hear of your success with your journey too! Keep us posted as you venture on!

WTG and Good Luck!

You just have to love those NSVs!!!!! Congratulations! Tee Hee!

Jann

Welcome to Bandland, Donna! You've been on the forum for so long that I had forgotten you weren't banded yet.....well that's changed now! Watch out! I'm glad you've joined us on the other side and I wish you all the best in your new journey!

Denise

Thank you everyone. I am home as of 2 hours ago. I hopped on Tour De Francisco and got across the boarder in record time. He got me to the train station in time for the first train.

Right now I feel like I have a large beach ball in my belly. The gas is crazy! I have been walking a lot, taking Phazyme and the GasX Strips. I am going to go shopping for some Otter Pops. Those were the BEST!

As for the massage, mani and pedi. You can contact OCC for your pedi and mani right after your surgery. I got hooked up with Alonso aka Bell Hop at the Lucerna Hotel. He hooked me up with the massage gal to come to my room for $65 and then sent me 4-5 blocks down the street to Salon Soliel for my mani and pedi. Only the manager spoke English there but I was able to converse with my gal with my Spanglish. I only did the mani for $15 because the gas bubbles were crazy I skipped the pedi and walked back to Lucerna. The massage is originally $70 but Alonso got her to give me a discount for being a patient.

Things that I would only take with me down there:

Gas X Strips

Phazyme

Special K Protein Packs

Extra pair of clothes

Toiletries

I ended up bringing my laptop and movies which I never watched and there was a computer and phone in the clinic and hotel. My bag was heavy.

Anyways, thanks again for all your help and support. You are all the best!

Hi Donna! So glad all went well for you!

We tried to tell you not to take too much! LOL

I, too, went to Salon Soliel, to have my hair done - highlighed and a pedicure. The gals there were wonderful and took very good care of me.

OK...keep the sips in mind and do LOTS of mini walks, don't do a marathon...just several mini walks and keep using the gas x strips, you will be fine. Make sure you drink your protein water for the protein intake.

Keep us posted on your journey too! WTG!

Sorry, I am way behind on threads so this is a bit out of date, but congrats! I broke my heart the first time when you had to cancel, so I'm so glad you finally got it done. Now the fun really begins! :D