Living by the Numbers

Living by the Numbers

There's a lot more to restructuring your body than numbers, but knowing the very basics will help you on your path to fitness, especially in the beginning while your habits are changing. Committing these facts to memory will serve you well:

For example, a candy bar that has 10 grams of protein (40 calories), 60 grams of carbs (240 calories), and 25 grams of fat (225 calories) provides 505 calories. If you were eating one per day, that's 3,535 calories per week. By simply cutting out your candy bar you'll lose a pound per week without by changing anything else.

* 1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories

* 1 gram of protein = 4 calories

* 1 gram of fat = 9 calories

* 1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories

* 3,500 calories = 1 pound of body weight

Jann

Living by the Numbers

There's a lot more to restructuring your body than numbers, but knowing the very basics will help you on your path to fitness, especially in the beginning while your habits are changing. Committing these facts to memory will serve you well:

For example, a candy bar that has 10 grams of protein (40 calories), 60 grams of carbs (240 calories), and 25 grams of fat (225 calories) provides 505 calories. If you were eating one per day, that's 3,535 calories per week. By simply cutting out your candy bar you'll lose a pound per week without by changing anything else.

* 1 gram of carbohydrates = 4 calories

* 1 gram of protein = 4 calories

* 1 gram of fat = 9 calories

* 1 gram of alcohol = 7 calories

* 3,500 calories = 1 pound of body weight

Yet another GREAT post Jann! This is definitely one for my binder as well.

By the way Jann, where did you get your "smoke free" counter, I need one of those. I am on day 3!!!!!!!

OMG!! DAY THREE!!!!! Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so excited for you!

http://www.burnmytime.com/blog/2007/05/18/...itmeter-ticker/

I promise you, if you can keep up not smoking for about 21 days you will stop obsessing about it.

Huge hugs for a job well done! YAY!

Jann