Help, I hate Protein shakes and I need 30 grams a day!

MyNewLife

Hey Guys!

I have a couple of questions. First of all I am on day 8 and today I can start Liquid yogurt. I have had a hard time drinking my liquids, I just seem sooo full. I am not hungry at all. I think I still have alot of gas and swelling, not sure. Anyway my question on this is, do I have 1/2 cup per day or per setting of the Liquid Yogurt? Also when I start adding 30 grams of protein, what is the best way to do this. I know myself and I am not going to be able to drink 30 grams of protien a day, I HATE the protien shakes.. :angry: .lol, Is there anything else that I can do beside drinking protein. Also when should I start adding my fiber and how much should I add per day?

Thanks for everyones help!

Carrie

Hi there...I know...it's hard to find a really good protein shake...you can make your own...skim milk, fruit and protein powder.

Add protein powder to your liquid yogurt or creamy soup...that's what I did...I didn't touch a shake after pre-op for 5 months...bad memories!! LOL!!

Good Luck!

Hey Guys!

I have a couple of questions. First of all I am on day 8 and today I can start Liquid yogurt. I have had a hard time drinking my liquids, I just seem sooo full. I am not hungry at all. I think I still have alot of gas and swelling, not sure. Anyway my question on this is, do I have 1/2 cup per day or per setting of the Liquid Yogurt? Also when I start adding 30 grams of protein, what is the best way to do this. I know myself and I am not going to be able to drink 30 grams of protien a day, I HATE the protien shakes.. :angry: .lol, Is there anything else that I can do beside drinking protein. Also when should I start adding my fiber and how much should I add per day?

Carrie

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?show...=protein+shakes

I'm not a huge fan of the pre-made shakes myself but I do make one of these every morning before I do my workout and I have another about seven at night to help heal my poor workout muscles. They went from basically atrophied to a workout every day and trust me when I tell you they are moaning!

Jann

Hi there...I know...it's hard to find a really good protein shake...you can make your own...skim milk, fruit and protein powder.

Add protein powder to your liquid yogurt or creamy soup...that's what I did...I didn't touch a shake after pre-op for 5 months...bad memories!! LOL!!

Good Luck!

Hi there...I just got my first pre-op appointment completed and lost 6.5 lbs and I did not go hungry I drank veggie and chicken broth, had low carb slim fast over cracked ice and drank my lipton diet green and white tea and had sugar free jello. Walked and moved, moved, moved and slept with five to six soft pillows and with lots of support and love from my hubby succeeded. The pain in the shoulder brought back to many stored memories but my hubby crushed a naproxin and this sure did give me relief also nice long long hot (or as hot as you can stand them showers).

Good Luck and Keep Up the Great Work

MaryGM ><'

I got the vanilla flavored protein powder and added it to my coffee!!! Tastes like vanilla creamer!

Donna

Hi Carrie!

Has it been a week already? Wow...time flew on by!

I am NOT a fan of protein shakes either but knew I need to have something for the first 21 days of NO food! I've tried a few protein powder and I have a hard time getting one that agrees with me because I HATE the chalky, sandy, aftertaste. I finally found a protein shake that I like! YAY! It's AmazeRX and you can go to their website for it. It has 21 grams of protein, per shake. They taste like ice cream milk shakes.

For your gas, you need to do alot of walking and I don't mean to walk a couple of miles, but several walking sessions a day and keep useing the gas x strips. Between the two of them you will clear up soon enough.

Start your fiber NOW. I use the new chewable Benefiber tablets (Orange creme flavor) and/or the unflavored Benefiber powder that is mixed in my liquids, soups, stew, chili, etc.

I also use the new chewable Fiber Choice, twice a day, one at 10am and one at 3pm to curb hunger pangs. If I still have hunger pangs, then I would grab a Metamucil capsule I was using on my preop diet, suggested by Dr. Miranda.

Hope this helps...Good Luck!

Hi there...I just got my first pre-op appointment completed and lost 6.5 lbs and I did not go hungry I drank veggie and chicken broth, had low carb slim fast over cracked ice and drank my lipton diet green and white tea and had sugar free jello. Walked and moved, moved, moved and slept with five to six soft pillows and with lots of support and love from my hubby succeeded. The pain in the shoulder brought back to many stored memories but my hubby crushed a naproxin and this sure did give me relief also nice long long hot (or as hot as you can stand them showers).

Good Luck and Keep Up the Great Work

MaryGM ><'

Execellent Mary! Keep it up and let us know of your progress! WTG!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest CaraMBA09
Hey Guys!

Carrie

Sweetie. This is my suggestion. I hated protein shakes - once upon a time - but I realized that my behavior and views about health had to change as well.

<http://bodyforlife.com/>

Begin reading up on nutrition and health. Subscribe online to Dr. Andrew Weils daily emails AS WELL AS our Kick ass gal, Jillian Michaels...she is smokin' hot for a reason...um...yea...protein shakes...

Oodles, C

I am not a big fan of protein shakes either. I have "issues" with the taste and the texture. However, I did try at the suggestion of another poster on this forum a while back a protein powder called UNJURY. Just Google UNJURY and you will find it.

They offer only a few flavors and one is chicken soup which taste like chicken broth and is a welcome change. I have tried the chocolate and the strawberry sorbet which were both good but my favorite is the unflavored.

The texture is smooth.

I am going to try the vanilla next time I order.

You can order samples of each to try if you want to. There is some good information on the site as well.

Dawn

Here is what I use:

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2830571

You take half in the am and half in the pm b/c you shouldn't do more than around 20g of protein at a time. I just swig half of it no need to put in water or anything. They are great!

I cant stand protein shakes. However, Ensure chocolate tastes like chocolate milk when it is really cold. Try it - its not bad. Good luck...its only a short while you will have to have them.