4 days Post-Op and I have a question.

I am sticking to this Post-op liquid thing. But no BM in 2 days. Dr. Miranda told me not to take my Fiber Choice chewables until I start solid food, so I am not currently adding any fiber to my liquids.

Are bandsters on the liquid phase supposed to have a solid BM? Should I be taking Benefiber powder? I just assumed since I couldn't use the Fiber Choice, that I also shouldn't use the Benefiber until the 21 days are up.

Kimberly

I agree with both Maggie and Julie. I started using Benefiber powder in most of my liquids, included the drinkable yogurt and that helped a lot.

Since you are not eating any food right now, what BM you have inside you now is just waiting for another food push per se (sorry, TMI, I know). So, to 'assist' the benefiber aids in place of the food but it will take a little time for the body to treat Benefiber as 'food'. When you start using it regularly, daily, you will see a change and your rotor rooter problem will be fine! Continue using the powder form until you start your solid foods on day 22, then alternate between the chewable Benefiber.

I use the chewable Fiber Choice for the hunger pangs; one at 10am and one at 3pm.

Hope this helps!