4th fill

hi, i got my 4th fill 11/11 and the fill guy tells me that its ok to eat or drink right before a fill, and that i wont feel it for a couple of weeks, witch i dont. what do you all think. and i just got over a bout with the flu(bad) spent one night throwing up, do you think this could damage or move my band? not able to eat much yet because of flu. thanks karen

This is your 4th fill? What did they tell you on the 3 previous fills? From your pics you look fantastic and are having results so I guess I would go with what works for you.

I guess all fill docs are different, but I am not allowed to eat the day of my fill, prior to my fill and then I go on liquids for 1 week after the fill and I feel my fill immediately (maybe it is psychosomatic but it works for me, down 53 pounds with only 2 fills).

I was always told to go on liquids for 24 hours after a fill, (Three days after your first fill)

I think you're fine, however if you were just throwing up you most likely want to go on liquids for a few days to make sure you don’t have any swelling. Also if you don't have any make sure to pick up some anti nausea medication - it really helps so you don't throw up if you get the flu bug. Plus I always get the flu shot now - its really hard on your band when you throw up.

Take care, take it easy you're most likely just fine!

And Kimmy is the super star – I had 9 fills with my VG band… I’m a bad girl…. Not what Dr Ortiz says to do. She's doing exactly what he recommends, follow her guidance.