LAP BAND OVER GASTRIC BY PASS

donna r

Hi there, I had gastric by pass surg May 02, lost 110 pounds, gained backed about 8 or 10. Need to loose another 30 or 40 to be at goal. Scheduled for the lap band with Dr. Oritz Nov.3, want to hear from any of you out there that had gastric over band with Dr. Oritz.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I would love to hear how it went with anyone who had a lap band over there bypass? Ive had a bypass in 1992 and gained all my wieght back. I am VERY interested in getting the band but I want more information on it before I jump into it. Please write me if you went through this good or bad. Thanx

Hi there, I had gastric by pass surg May 02, lost 110 pounds, gained backed about 8 or 10. Need to loose another 30 or 40 to be at goal. Scheduled for the lap band with Dr. Oritz Nov.3, want to hear from any of you out there that had gastric over band with Dr. Oritz.

Thanks

Hi Donna, My name is Andy and I had a Gastric Bypass Feb 02. I lost over 100 lbs and have stayed within 15-18 lbs of my lowest weight. I still need to lose another 50, I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz Nov 6th. I wish us both all the luck. I will be praying for you.

Andy

Hi Donna, My name is Andy and I had a Gastric Bypass Feb 02. I lost over 100 lbs and have stayed within 15-18 lbs of my lowest weight. I still need to lose another 50, I am scheduled with Dr. Ortiz Nov 6th. I wish us both all the luck. I will be praying for you.

Andy

Andy, Best of luck with the lap ban I will be praying and thinking of you, please let me know how things are gong and keep in touch. I have to postpone surg for now but want to keep in touch with others.

Donna

I had lapband over bypass on 8/10/2006. It has been a different ride than my bypass surgery. I had a gastric bypass (open) in 9/2001 and did wonderfully until my staple line disrupted 2 years later and I started gaining the 120 lbs I lost back. I gained 100 lbs back and had a gastric ulcer as a result of this. Once the ulcer was healed I decided that I needed to get my problem fixed. My insurance company no longer covered Gastric Bypass and I went all the way to a lawyer but I was unable to get them to pay so I started looking at alternatives... The Band...

Dr. Ortiz and staff were wonderful, it took about 2 hours for my surgery due to the open rny had left lots of scar tissue. All of that had to be cut away in order to put the band in. One thing that Dr. Ortiz did say that was my chances of the band slipping were almost nil due to so much scar tissue still being there around where my band is.

My weight loss with the band is slower and more deliberate, during the weight loss with the bypass I felt like I was on a roller coaster with no control but with the band I have to make better decisions. My fills and what I eat are my responsibility, nothing makes me sick and I can tolerate pretty much anything.

If you have any questions let me know,

Terry B

I had lapband over bypass on 8/10/2006. It has been a different ride than my bypass surgery. I had a gastric bypass (open) in 9/2001 and did wonderfully until my staple line disrupted 2 years later and I started gaining the 120 lbs I lost back. I gained 100 lbs back and had a gastric ulcer as a result of this. Once the ulcer was healed I decided that I needed to get my problem fixed. My insurance company no longer covered Gastric Bypass and I went all the way to a lawyer but I was unable to get them to pay so I started looking at alternatives... The Band...

Dr. Ortiz and staff were wonderful, it took about 2 hours for my surgery due to the open rny had left lots of scar tissue. All of that had to be cut away in order to put the band in. One thing that Dr. Ortiz did say that was my chances of the band slipping were almost nil due to so much scar tissue still being there around where my band is.

My weight loss with the band is slower and more deliberate, during the weight loss with the bypass I felt like I was on a roller coaster with no control but with the band I have to make better decisions. My fills and what I eat are my responsibility, nothing makes me sick and I can tolerate pretty much anything.

If you have any questions let me know,

Terry B

Terry, Glad things are going well for you. I was going to be banded over bypass 11/3 but now will do it at a latter date. How much have u lost to date?? What is your daily menu? I just loved Dr. Ortiz and his staff. My pouch is very big so of course I ameating a lot more but thank God have not gained more than 8 pounds.

Donna

I have lost 40lbs so far and just got my second fill. I am very satisified with the band and I loved the staff at Dr. Ortiz for the fills also. Both fills that I have had were with Dr. Ortiz and both achieved restriction until I had lost some weight.

Actually I eat mainly protein but not red meat much. I do a lot of protein bars and eggs. My life is really hectic so I don't try too hard to go out eat.. just carry a protein bar around with me. I don't do protein shakes because the nutritionist at Dr. Ortiz (Dr. Miranda) said I should try to eat solid food instead of liquid calories.

I would absolutely do this again without hesitation.

Terry

I have lost 40lbs so far and just got my second fill. I am very satisified with the band and I loved the staff at Dr. Ortiz for the fills also. Both fills that I have had were with Dr. Ortiz and both achieved restriction until I had lost some weight.

Actually I eat mainly protein but not red meat much. I do a lot of protein bars and eggs. My life is really hectic so I don't try too hard to go out eat.. just carry a protein bar around with me. I don't do protein shakes because the nutritionist at Dr. Ortiz (Dr. Miranda) said I should try to eat solid food instead of liquid calories.

I would absolutely do this again without hesitation.

Terry

Hi Terry, My name is CJ and I'm scheduled to do the lap band at the end of Nov.. I'm excited and scared and looking forward to feeling better in my body. I was happy to read your post about feeling so good about doing band.. I was considering bypass, but it seems so radical.. and the people I met lost a ton of weight very fast and all had a tire around their waist and lots of loose skin.. how are youdoing with that.. ah!! such vanity.. but it would be so fabulous to get into a bathing suit next summer and not feel like a freak. Anyway, I just wanted to reach out to someone.. and you're "it".. Thanks again for your posting..

cjclinton@cox.net

Andy

Andy,

How is it going? I was also banded with you on Nov 6. You looked so good when you left. Have you had any problems? Did you ever tell you family where you went? I broke down and phone my mom after my surgery and told her I was in Mexico. She seemed somewhat surprised. Oh well, surprises are nice sometimes. I am having a hard time on the post-op diet. I have the runs and am hungry a lot.

Let me know how you are doing.

Julie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...