HI Everyone

:) Hi, This is my first time on a discussion board so I really not sure how to do this. I guess I should start by telling everyone a little bit about myself and why I am here. Well, I have had my band since June of 2007. I started at 249lbs and by October 10th I had lost to 201lbs. I was so excited. Then I found out I was pregnant and had to have the saline taken out of my band, I was so sad I had to quit loosing the weight just when I had such great momentium! Anyway, I had a healthy, very precious baby girl and in July I went back for my first fill. It was 2 cc and I had little if any restriction. So I went back in September and had my second fill, which took me to 5 cc. After 2 days with it in I started throwing up even my own spit!! It was horrible. I could not breathe without it hurting and I met my Doc at his office on a saturday afternoon to have it loosened. He took it all out because I have been throwing up for 18 hours. So I let my stomach heal for 3 weeks and then I went back for a fill. He gave me between 3-5 cc (unsure because he did not get the port the first time and some of the saline with unto my muscle). So now I feel as if I have no restriction and can eat anything I want as long as I do not eat real fast! Oh, during pregnancy I only gained 10 lbs. So I started the fill process in July at 211 lbs, but now I am up to 214 lbs. I am so frusterated and scared that I will never get back to losing weight!!! I do have an appointment for my next fill this thursday!

Thanks for any input or suggestions.

Candy

First of all congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

I’m sorry about the troubles you had, sounds like you had some swelling and it just got worse, it was very smart of you to get right into your doctor, there have been some who waited and that’s how you can slip your band.

Now stop putting yourself down, you got pregnant, had a beautiful little girl, only gained 10 pounds and now you’re just up a few but going in for a fill – that’s great, there’s nothing wrong with that.

Just think of your fill as the start to the new you!! We have a beautiful young lady on the board named Karenlynn, she also had to have her (I think most) of her filled removed during her pregnancy and had a little girl as well. She’s back on the “band” wagon now, and doing great. I think something she once wrote that hit me as being right on was that you have to be ready to loose and she’s right.

I’m thinking you’re ready to loose now based on what you’re writing and how you’re feeling, and its meant to be. (Most likely its perfect timing and it’s never too late to start)!!

So congrats, get your fill and get going! You're going to do great!

All the best,

Lisa

Thank you very much for your post!! I really needed that encouragement!

Candy

First of all congratulations on the birth of your beautiful daughter!

I’m sorry about the troubles you had, sounds like you had some swelling and it just got worse, it was very smart of you to get right into your doctor, there have been some who waited and that’s how you can slip your band.

Now stop putting yourself down, you got pregnant, had a beautiful little girl, only gained 10 pounds and now you’re just up a few but going in for a fill – that’s great, there’s nothing wrong with that.

Just think of your fill as the start to the new you!! We have a beautiful young lady on the board named Karenlynn, she also had to have her (I think most) of her filled removed during her pregnancy and had a little girl as well. She’s back on the “band” wagon now, and doing great. I think something she once wrote that hit me as being right on was that you have to be ready to loose and she’s right.

I’m thinking you’re ready to loose now based on what you’re writing and how you’re feeling, and its meant to be. (Most likely its perfect timing and it’s never too late to start)!!

So congrats, get your fill and get going! You're going to do great!

All the best,

Lisa

I've only done mine under fluoroscopy, however many here don't. I've known people who had fills under fluoroscopy and do the same, its too tight and they start PBing, they swell, and need an unfill. You really just need to pick yourself up and keep going. I’m not sure who your doctor is but I know many have the filled process as part of the surgery plan. Based on how you described that your surgeon does your fill, I’m guessing its part of the plan. Its really better to be a little bit loose and have to use some portion control than to be too tight and deal with what you dealt with. We all have ups and downs when we’re doing this. If you have the opportunity to get a fill under fluoroscopy please do, for me its better to know everything is alright.

Just don't get too discouraged and know you can make this work - it does take a little bit of practice and you have to put some work into it!

Lisa

Candy,

First of all congratulations on your new baby girl! Secondly, ten pounds gained is actually terrific, and you should not feel down about that. Just hop back on the bandwagon and start losing it now. Take your time with the fills...it will happen. I have had both fills blind and with flouro and have had no problems with either, thankfully. Going to have a flouro down in TJ in two weeks just to check how things are because I will be down there anyways.

Donna

Hey Candy,

Your story is similar to mine. Banded Sept 06, waited til March 07 to get fills, lost 30 right away, got pregnant in July, unfilled, gained 30 lbs during pregnancy (and it was fun!!), had Evee this March, got filled to 2.0 (in the smaller band), and I have been losing pretty well. Just give it time. I found that after kids your body holds onto fat longer and harder! It might take a while before it kicks into fat burning mode. Try to do the best you can without the fills and just realize that you are basically starting from scratch again, don't count the last year and take it from today! Remember to take it slow on the fills, you'll have to start all over again!

Good luck,

Karen

Thank you for the encouragement! I am glad I am not the only one who this has happened to. I agree with the fact babies make your body hold fat. This was #4 for us so I have been holding onto some fat for a long time...lol! No, really thank you all for all of your kind words and encouragement.