Fills in western Washington

I had my first fill this weekend, and I have to say, I am REALLY happy with the decision I made with going to "Fill Management NorthWest" in Arlington, WA. (www.northwestfills.com)

From Canada, it was only a 2 hour drive, and 40 min of that was the damn US border delays.

I was leery based on the quality of their website and the location of their office. In the back of a pharmacy. In the middle of no where. And when I arrived, the place was getting a huge construction make over. I will admit I was a bit concerned. But I know someone that speaks highly of the place, so I went it.

The initial trepidation was soon lost when I went inside, and actually met the staff. They were GREAT. Pleasant. And knowledgeable. And there was lots of bandsters to talk to who had great experiences. They were doing 15 to 18 fills that day. Never realized how many bandsters were in the area.

The fill itself was simple, quick and painless. They gave me a small shot to numb the area, and then put the fill needle in. I thought from pictures and info that it was huge, and would hurt... but I felt nothing... thanks to the shot.

I didn't know where my port was, but they found it easy enough. It is RIGHT at the large incision for me, deep down. That was interesting snice so many other people have it elsewhere.

Afterwards was the real benefit. I got a folder with tons of useful information on what I can and can't eat, what I should be eating in terms of protein, carbs, calories, sodium etc. That was refreshing. I was under the impression I was supposed to be around 1000 calories with 50g of protein. I was way off. 1400 - 1600 calories and 80g of protein. Might explain a bit why my weight loss has slowed. There was lots of information about bandster myths, and some contradictory advice from some people on this board. That was interesting as it shows advice comes with many different opinions. The one that surprised me most was about papyus enzyme. Surprisingly there is no actual medical proof it will help you with PBing. Yet many on this board swear by it. Lots for me to experience myself I guess.

And as a last note... the greatest benefit is I FINALLY feel a bit of restriction. I am sure part of that is the swelling at the band, but it was interesting to see that I couldn't even finish a single bowl of chilli. I felt full, satisified with what little I ate. This is the amazing part of the band... and I am SO happy to finally get to experience that. I didn't have pain... just a "full" feeling.

All is good. And I recommend bandsters in the North West Washington area to consider these guys. Was very inexpensive, with great people doing the work.

Taz

What was wrong with the quality of the website? What would you change to make it more appealing to people who had never been a patient or heard so much word of mouth?

I come from a computing background. So I find it difficult to trust websites that try to have me install components like the Microsoft Office component. (Chances are the page was made in Word, which is what causes some issues).

I would also update the page to deliver more trust for the patient. I learned so much as their office, but I couldn't see that they have experience until I met with them. I was going into this blind... and if I had not known of a friends success already, I probably would have left when I arrived to see the state of the building. I am sure it will look great soon, but this weekend it looked like something out of a horror movie. And with them moving, I am sure the new location will be better.

Things that could be included on the site to build that trust would include:

• More patient testimonals
  • Success Photos (happy patients smiling with Kitty)
  • Up to date information. Kitty's vacation info is still on there from a few weeks back
  • A google map of the location
  • A blog sharing some of Kitty and Robin's experiences. They have a wealth of knowledge, and sharing it would show this.

This is just my opinion though. If you compare it with many other sites, it lacks a level of polish and professionalism I would expect as a patient. Their actual service speaks otherwise... but new patients won't know that.

YMMV.

Taz.

I come from a computing background. So I find it difficult to trust websites that try to have me install components like the Microsoft Office component. (Chances are the page was made in Word, which is what causes some issues).

I would also update the page to deliver more trust for the patient. I learned so much as their office, but I couldn't see that they have experience until I met with them. I was going into this blind... and if I had not known of a friends success already, I probably would have left when I arrived to see the state of the building. I am sure it will look great soon, but this weekend it looked like something out of a horror movie. And with them moving, I am sure the new location will be better.

Things that could be included on the site to build that trust would include:

• More patient testimonals
  • Success Photos (happy patients smiling with Kitty)
  • Up to date information. Kitty's vacation info is still on there from a few weeks back
  • A google map of the location
  • A blog sharing some of Kitty and Robin's experiences. They have a wealth of knowledge, and sharing it would show this.

This is just my opinion though. If you compare it with many other sites, it lacks a level of polish and professionalism I would expect as a patient. Their actual service speaks otherwise... but new patients won't know that.

YMMV.

Taz.

Thanks much! If I get some time this week I'll work on a few of those. Robin and I are very close and I've kinda inherited the site but it is in need of an overhaul. Speaking of testimonials, mind if we use yours?

Thanks much! If I get some time this week I'll work on a few of those. Robin and I are very close and I've kinda inherited the site but it is in need of an overhaul. Speaking of testimonials, mind if we use yours?

HOWDY CLYNN, GOOD TO SEE YOUR STILL TOGETHER ;)

JUST A QUESTION ON THEIR CALENDAR, IN DEC I SEE OPEN THEN AN OPENING TIME BUT THEN IT SAYS "BUSY"

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT "BUSY" FOR US SLOW PEOPLE LOL

Guest CaraMBA09
I had my first fill this weekend, and I have to say, I am REALLY happy with the decision I made with going to "Fill Management NorthWest" in Arlington, WA. (www.northwestfills.com)

From Canada, it was only a 2 hour drive, and 40 min of that was the damn US border delays.

I was leery based on the quality of their website and the location of their office. In the back of a pharmacy. In the middle of no where. And when I arrived, the place was getting a huge construction make over. I will admit I was a bit concerned. But I know someone that speaks highly of the place, so I went it.

The initial trepidation was soon lost when I went inside, and actually met the staff. They were GREAT. Pleasant. And knowledgeable. And there was lots of bandsters to talk to who had great experiences. They were doing 15 to 18 fills that day. Never realized how many bandsters were in the area.

The fill itself was simple, quick and painless. They gave me a small shot to numb the area, and then put the fill needle in. I thought from pictures and info that it was huge, and would hurt... but I felt nothing... thanks to the shot.

I didn't know where my port was, but they found it easy enough. It is RIGHT at the large incision for me, deep down. That was interesting snice so many other people have it elsewhere.

Afterwards was the real benefit. I got a folder with tons of useful information on what I can and can't eat, what I should be eating in terms of protein, carbs, calories, sodium etc. That was refreshing. I was under the impression I was supposed to be around 1000 calories with 50g of protein. I was way off. 1400 - 1600 calories and 80g of protein. Might explain a bit why my weight loss has slowed. There was lots of information about bandster myths, and some contradictory advice from some people on this board. That was interesting as it shows advice comes with many different opinions. The one that surprised me most was about papyus enzyme. Surprisingly there is no actual medical proof it will help you with PBing. Yet many on this board swear by it. Lots for me to experience myself I guess.

And as a last note... the greatest benefit is I FINALLY feel a bit of restriction. I am sure part of that is the swelling at the band, but it was interesting to see that I couldn't even finish a single bowl of chilli. I felt full, satisified with what little I ate. This is the amazing part of the band... and I am SO happy to finally get to experience that. I didn't have pain... just a "full" feeling.

All is good. And I recommend bandsters in the North West Washington area to consider these guys. Was very inexpensive, with great people doing the work.

Taz

It is too bad they are so far north. It takes me 3 hours just to get to Everett. I will stick with Pacific Surgical.

Glad to hear you got a good fill.

HOWDY CLYNN, GOOD TO SEE YOUR STILL TOGETHER ;)

JUST A QUESTION ON THEIR CALENDAR, IN DEC I SEE OPEN THEN AN OPENING TIME BUT THEN IT SAYS "BUSY"

CAN YOU EXPLAIN THAT "BUSY" FOR US SLOW PEOPLE LOL

Honestly I don't know. I set up the Google calender and showed them how to update it without getting me involved so they wouldn't have to wait on me to make changes. I believe Lissa updates it now. I'll drop Robin a note tomorrow and ask. Perhaps it is the hours they are open, or perhaps it is their busiest hours and an appointment is recommended. I'll find out and let you know.

Ok I looked into it and apparently "Busy" is just the generic title Google Calendar puts into events with no title. Consider it the hours open and taking patients. I advised them that even putting something simple for the titles such as Open, or Fills would cause less confusion.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to state that OCC and Fill Management NW are in no way related to each other beyond the fact that they both "employ" me.

Hi Taz...I am very interesting in WHAT lits they have you? If you are impress, then I am sure we would be too. Is there a way to share any information you have?

I would be happy to share. I have the folder at home, so will have to wait till I get there before I can put anything together. I'll keep you posted.

Taz

• 4 weeks later...

Potential and current patients of Fill Management NW may be interested in this event next month. I intend to be there. I can say from experience that Laura's cooking is excellent. She's been banded for a few years and last I heard had lost about 250 lbs.

"Fill Management NW is having a NEW YEAR, NEW YOU dinner Saturday Feb

7th. We would like to invite you to come. Cost is $20 per person.

It will be catered by Laura Spafford from Le Garmache Catering in Port

Orchard. She will demonstrate bandster portions and cook bandster

food for us all to enjoy. Speakers include Dr. Meeks, a plastic

surgeon from Bremerton, Connie Foster, trainer, giving tips on those

hard to shape up spots we all want to get rid of, and testimonials

from several successful bandsters.

Time: 5-7pm Doors open at 4mp for clothing exchange set up.

Stillaguamish Pioneer Hall

20722 67th Ave NE

Arlington, WA 98223

call our scheduler at 425-512-4220 to save your spot. Setting is limited.

Robin Martin

Fill Management NW

www.northwestfills. com"

• 2 weeks later...