Back pain.......

fat2nrml

Hello All!

I have a question about some back pain I've been experiencing and wondered if anyone else has\had it with their band.

I've been having pain between my shoulder blades and it feels, at times, like it's aching right through to my breast bone. I was worried and went to my local Doc [he know's I'm banded] he ordered tests to see if it was my gallbladder and it wasn't. The pain eased for awhile but it's back. When this all started in Oct., I emailed Dr. Ortiz and told him my symptoms and asked his advice, but I never heard back from him.

I noticed last week, along with the upper back pain, I'm now experiencing discomfort in my left side back, at the bottom of my rib cage-area. Has anyone had problems with their BM's and noticed any pain like this? I've recently been having less frequent BM's and am wondering if this is all connected?????

P.S. I noticed it seems to ache more after I eat.... that's why I thought it was my gallbladder.

Thanks for 'listening'! ><' Darlene

Any aches or discomforts after you eat are probably due to eating too fast or too much. It's called a soft stop and it's your body's way of telling you to stop eating before it REALLY tells you to stop eating in the form of a pb. However unless you're really working through it, continuing to eat and therefore irritating something I don't see how it can be related to the ongoing ache you're experiencing. The only thing I've experienced that was similar was when I would slouch and cause my loose skin to pull on my port. Proper posture while sitting stopped it pretty quickly.

Keep on Dr O or pm Lori to get an opinion. They're pretty busy down there but they should be able to get you an answer.

Hello All!

I have a question about some back pain I've been experiencing and wondered if anyone else has\had it with their band.

I've been having pain between my shoulder blades and it feels, at times, like it's aching right through to my breast bone. I was worried and went to my local Doc [he know's I'm banded] he ordered tests to see if it was my gallbladder and it wasn't. The pain eased for awhile but it's back. When this all started in Oct., I emailed Dr. Ortiz and told him my symptoms and asked his advice, but I never heard back from him.

I noticed last week, along with the upper back pain, I'm now experiencing discomfort in my left side back, at the bottom of my rib cage-area. Has anyone had problems with their BM's and noticed any pain like this? I've recently been having less frequent BM's and am wondering if this is all connected?????

P.S. I noticed it seems to ache more after I eat.... that's why I thought it was my gallbladder.

Thanks for 'listening'! ><' Darlene

Hey D, did my sister answer you yet?

• 3 months later...

Darlene - my sisters and I all had gallbladder problems and were all told upon our initial tests that it wasn't gallbladder. What you ar experiencing sounds like gallbladder, especially if it gets worse after you eat. Did your doctor do an ultrasound? Mine even didn't show up initially on ultrasound...they weren't stones but like shifting sand...they still hurt like you-knw-what. I'm new to the lapband world (only 4 days post-op) so I can't speak to possible band problems yet, but if you didn't have the band, I would definitely say gallbladder. Does anyone else in your family have it? It can also tend to run in families. You might talk to your doctor about ultasound if you didn't have one.

Cristy

weight.png