Body For Life Challenge

Hello Gang,

I wanted to let everyone know I'm hosting a Body for Life Challenge beginning Oct 28th, 2006.

Body for life has two programs one for everyone, then one specifically for women.

If you want to sign up for this "FREE" 12 week course just send me a email and I'll send you all the details.

Decide which program you want to do, then go out and buy the book.

I want us all to be dedicated to a program during the Holiday season, I've done this program in the past and the results are totally amazing.

Please sign up by Oct 23, 06

((HUGS))

~Cher~

http://divinetransformation.blogspot.com/

Hello Gang,

I wanted to let everyone know I'm hosting a Body for Life Challenge beginning Oct 28th, 2006.

Body for life has two programs one for everyone, then one specifically for women.

If you want to sign up for this "FREE" 12 week course just send me a email and I'll send you all the details.

I want us all to be dedicated to a program during the Holiday season, I've done this program in the past and the results are totally amazing.

((HUGS))

~Cher~

HI Coach! You're the person I've been looking for.. I think. I am three weeks post op would your plan work for me? I have a post on this forum about PCOS and insulin resistance but no one has repsonded. My weight loss has been slow at 17pounds that includes the preop diet also.. I've been walking 15min in the morning, a mile at lunch and two miles in the evening and may manage to lose a pound a week. Any ideas?

HI Coach! You're the person I've been looking for.. I think. I am three weeks post op would your plan work for me? I have a post on this forum about PCOS and insulin resistance but no one has repsonded. My weight loss has been slow at 17pounds that includes the preop diet also.. I've been walking 15min in the morning, a mile at lunch and two miles in the evening and may manage to lose a pound a week. Any ideas?

A pound a week is not slow, but just perfect. It is the healthiest way to lose weight, and will help give your skin time to adjust to the new you, possibly avoiding extra skin down the road. You also have not had a fill, so losing during this time is much more difficult. Congratulations on what you have been able to accomplish.

Hey Skinny Jenny,

Honey your weight loss is great. You are very new Post Op and doing a great job. As far as the workout goes it is very intense. Of course you could do a modified version of it. Basicly this is the workout. Workout 6 days a week, alternate cardio and weight resistant training. For example M-W-F would be cardio for 20 mins (so your walking works well here, and you can do more than the suggested 20 min cardio) then say on T-TH-S you would do weight training you could start out w/ 1lb, 2lb and 5 lb weights as to not push yourself too hard.

Of course you should always consultant with your surgeon/PCP to make sure you have been released to start any type of program. If you get the go ahead from your surgeon/PCP then of course you are welcome to join us.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help to you!!

~CoachCher~

I love Body for Life and I did the challenge several years ago several times. I went from 185 or so to 126 and was so fit and absolutely cut from the weight training. It inspired me to work in the fitness field. Unfortunately i was like so many who can not keep the weight off and slowly it all crept back on. I still love Bill Phillips although i believe he has left the company and think it's a great program. It's an intense workout plan but it works and is efficient.

Hi There,

I would like to join the Body for Life Challenge. I was banded on 02/01/06 and I have lost 120lbs. My weight at the time of the surgery was 385.I currently work out 1.5 hours each day. Usually 3 or 4 days with weights and cardio everyday. I am excited about the 12 week course!

Hello Gang,

((HUGS))

~Cher~

Hey Skinny Jenny,

Honey your weight loss is great. You are very new Post Op and doing a great job. As far as the workout goes it is very intense. Of course you could do a modified version of it. Basicly this is the workout. Workout 6 days a week, alternate cardio and weight resistant training. For example M-W-F would be cardio for 20 mins (so your walking works well here, and you can do more than the suggested 20 min cardio) then say on T-TH-S you would do weight training you could start out w/ 1lb, 2lb and 5 lb weights as to not push yourself too hard.

Of course you should always consultant with your surgeon/PCP to make sure you have been released to start any type of program. If you get the go ahead from your surgeon/PCP then of course you are welcome to join us.

Let me know if I can be of anymore help to you!!

~CoachCher~

Coach,

I emailed Dr. Ortiz and he thought the modified version would be okay to do of the Body Challenge. First of all thanks to all who "whoohoood" my weight loss. My confidence is at an all time low and I really needed this! Coach please tell me what I need to do from here to get signed up for the challenge.. even if it is modified.

I am interested. :)

I started a 12 week program with someone at the local nutrition store 2 weeeks ago. I'm going in for my first weigh in on this Friday. My fear is that I'm not doing well. He recommends eating 6 small meals a day. Yeah right...like I can do that...hahaha. :lol:

he does know that I have the lap band, so that is working in my favor.

I have little self control. Terrified of scales. If my weigh has not gone down, I will feel like I have to punish myself and not eat for a week. Of course that would never happen, but I always feel bad when the scale goes north and not south.

I have a gym membership and a great low cal smoothie drink so I'm ready! :D

I am interested. :)

I started a 12 week program with someone at the local nutrition store 2 weeeks ago. I'm going in for my first weigh in on this Friday. My fear is that I'm not doing well. He recommends eating 6 small meals a day. Yeah right...like I can do that...hahaha. :lol:

he does know that I have the lap band, so that is working in my favor.

I have little self control. Terrified of scales. If my weigh has not gone down, I will feel like I have to punish myself and not eat for a week. Of course that would never happen, but I always feel bad when the scale goes north and not south.

I have a gym membership and a great low cal smoothie drink so I'm ready! :D

Hello Cleo,

It sounds as if you are already doing the Body for Life. You are more than welcome to join us for the Challenge. As far is eating 6 meals a day, it's the same principle with BFL. You can have an apple and count that as a meal.

Please send me a PM if you want to sign up for the BFL Challenge with the group.

~CoachCher~