Pre-Op Protein Shakes

Hello!

I am getting banded on January 9th in TJ with Dr. Ortiz! YAY!! I am going to be starting the pre-op diet soon and I was just curious to find out what brand you drank while you were on the pre-op diet?

Slim-Fast? Muscle Milk Lite? Help!!

Many Thanks!!

EAS Myoplex from Sam's Club. Get the powder, it is much better tasting than the ready to drink boxes.

I find EAS MYOPLEX, this to be the best one, tastes great. I mix 1 scoop with cold water then add hot(not boiling) water. Warm and delicious

WELCOME AND GOOD LUCK

Congrats on your decision Samantha!! You will not regret it!

This is a loaded question as every person have different taste to food and drinks. Some like it, some don't. You will need to try them out and figure out which is best for you.

I personally like the AmazeRX protein shakes that I saw on TV informercial. They taste like ice cream milk shakes and come in 4 flavors - chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and mocha for the coffee drinkers - LOL! I love these as there are NO aftertaste and doesn't have that chalky, grainy taste at all. It has 21 grams of protein, which you need to keep up with energy. I also mixed flavors and the one I like best is choc and strawberry and I also do choc and bought peanut butter powder from a differnt company from bell plantation. AWESOME taste and it pleasures you pallate. You would need to google these two company to get their buying info. Both are good for banded people. Good Luck!!

Protein shakes are very hard to suggest to anyone cause they all taste different to everyone i think. I've tried for years to find a good one that doesn't taste like chalk. I like the carnation instant breakfast drinks, they are good and just taste like chocolate milk to me.

Nector protein powder in Strawberry flavor isnt too bad - you can get it at the Vitamin Shoppe if you have those where you live - the benefit to them is that they are super low in calories as well!

Good luck... if u find a good one please share! Im getting banded the day before you!

I agree everyone's taste is so different you will have to try some out to see what you like best. I would stay away from Slim Fast though - lots of sugar and carbs!

My favorite was EAS, but I bought the pre-made ones at Wal-Mart. I know the ones you make yourself taste better, but I work about 60 hrs a week and so I have no time to make them myself. I also liked the Atkins ones as well. Now mind you neither of those were fantastic to me, but were more than tolerable and I don't mind drinking them. Mind you though I am a freak of nature that doesn't care for chocolate or sweets in general, so many of the shakes just don't do it for me, but are necessary. I couldn't do vanilla or strawberry ones - wayyyy too sweet. I struggled w/ drinkable yogurt too.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone! I needed a couple of ideas to start with! I think you can get the EAS in powder form at Costco so maybe I will try that. I personally love the Kashi Go-Lean Vanilla powder but it is high in sugar and pretty spendy so I think I should try something new... I am also used to blending up my protein shakes with fruit so going without doing that should be interesting!!

My surgery is about a month away now and I am soooo excited! I can't even get into the Christmas spirit this year because all I can think about is getting banded!