Just Scheduled

I just schedule my surgery for December 29th. I'm a little worried about the pre-op diet, especially during the holidays. I am schedule with Dr. Martinez. How is his bedside manner? That's kinda important to me. I'm also concerned that nobody will be able to go with me to the OCC. Not too much support at this time. EVERYONE is woried about the 'Mexico" part of it. I feel totally at peace with the whole thing myself though.

SheRee

SheRee,

I just got back from Mexico last night. I went by myself. And, it wasn't even an issue. As for the doctors, nurses and staff at the OCC... you will NEVER find a place with better bedside manners. They treat you like a human being rather than just another person. The pre-op diet isn't that bad. I did cheat on my pre-op diet at Thanksgiving. I had a very small plate with my family. I was sure to join into the conversation so that I ate slower. My scale was even good to me because I lost a pound! Good luck. You can do it! Remember to come here for support on those days that are difficult or you have a question that is driving you nuts. This is my "safe place" as I make my way on this journey.

Kristy

SheRee,

They treat you like a human being rather than just another person.

This is exactly how I felt about my experience at OCC. That I was treated like a person as opposed to just a patient. Was so impressed with the level of professionalism, skill, and warmth too. The nurse, Carmelita, is a sweetie, and Dr. Acosta is a cutie! I wouldn't hesitate to recommend OCC to anyone. And had no problems in Mexico either.

SheRee,

I just got back from Mexico last night. I went by myself. And, it wasn't even an issue. As for the doctors, nurses and staff at the OCC... you will NEVER find a place with better bedside manners. They treat you like a human being rather than just another person. The pre-op diet isn't that bad. I did cheat on my pre-op diet at Thanksgiving. I had a very small plate with my family. I was sure to join into the conversation so that I ate slower. My scale was even good to me because I lost a pound! Good luck. You can do it! Remember to come here for support on those days that are difficult or you have a question that is driving you nuts. This is my "safe place" as I make my way on this journey.

Kristy

Thanks for replying. Sorry I didn't and don't really know my way around this site yet.

SheRee

I am IN LOVE with Dr. Martinez!!!! He is the most handsome thing that ever walked the face of the earth! MMMMMMMMM

You are very lucky to have him. Both he and Dr. Ortiz are wonderful. And don't worry about going alone. Although I had someone with me, lots of people went alone and were just fine. You will meet up with someone else and you won't feel so alone. But, you will do great and all will be fine. The OCC and the hotel take great care of you!

I am IN LOVE with Dr. Martinez!!!! He is the most handsome thing that ever walked the face of the earth! MMMMMMMMM

You are very lucky to have him. Both he and Dr. Ortiz are wonderful. And don't worry about going alone. Although I had someone with me, lots of people went alone and were just fine. You will meet up with someone else and you won't feel so alone. But, you will do great and all will be fine. The OCC and the hotel take great care of you!

Thanks so much for reassuring me about Dr. Martinez. I love that he is so handsome. that makes it so much fun. I do have 2 people going with me after all so I feel better now. Congrats on your success.

SheRee

They are great on the eyes, but i remember when Dr. O came in my room they had already given me that nice happy pill under my tongue and all I could think of is "Don't say anything stupid Shelby"!!! :)

Congratulations on getting your date! You will be just fine. Dr. Martinez is a total sweetheart and very good with his work. He did my surgery and I was very pleased with the outcome of everything. We are here if you need any help or questions answered.

My surgery is January 2nd with Dr. Martinez, I am being dropped off at the border and picked up the next day by family (assuming I am ready to be released) I will be alone while there which is scary but not a huge deal to me. Good luck on the 29th! Glad to hear good things about Dr. Martinez!