The scale is evil.

Okay... I told myself that I was not going to weigh myself during the 21 post-op. But, what was the first thing that I did when I got home? Yeah... I weighed myself. And, I weighed exactly what I did the day that I flew out for my surgery. Umph! Is this normal.? Is there swelling? Fluctuation? Something that I don't know about? I mean this was after four full days on liquids! Perhaps I need to throw my scale out the window for awhile.

Kristy

My scale is evil too. It was evil before the surgery and even more so after. When I got back home, I had GAINED 7lbs with all the swelling, water retention, constipation, etc. In the first week, I dropped the pounds I had gained but hadn't lost any. Now I'm day 12 and down about 4 lbs from my pre-surgery weight.

I know it's hard not to look at the scale those 1st 21 days, especially when you're eating so little that you expect weight loss. Right now, I'm just happy as long as it keeps going down.

My scale is evil too. It was evil before the surgery and even more so after. When I got back home, I had GAINED 7lbs with all the swelling, water retention, constipation, etc. In the first week, I dropped the pounds I had gained but hadn't lost any. Now I'm day 12 and down about 4 lbs from my pre-surgery weight.

I know it's hard not to look at the scale those 1st 21 days, especially when you're eating so little that you expect weight loss. Right now, I'm just happy as long as it keeps going down.

HAHAHA...I sit here and listen to you newbies and say, "I was just like them!" TRUST ME...you WILL lose the weight in due time. It IS expected for you to be water retained, swelling, bloating, constipated, and full of gas (C2O) from surgery. Even though you only drink clear liquids for 7 days, you may or may not lose pounds. BUT DON'T LET THIS DISCOURAGE YOU! It is perfectly normal and remember, every person's body is different and reacts differently. I lost 10 pounds, 10 days post op. Some had lost more than me, and some have lost less.

The one thing you need to remember also is to NOT COMPARE! You can't do this and it would only cause negativity. YOU need to do what YOU need to do to make this weight loss YOUR success. It may take you 3 months to lose 30 pounds or it may take you 4 months...who cares? Are you in a hurry? NO...this is the time to revamp your life and know you are going to do a lifestyle change for the rest of your life and THIS should make you motivate you to be positive, in a way to a new healthier you.

Sorry to be long...and this is such a wonderful thing you are doing for yourself and after all this time being overweight, you are going into the 'unknown' territory and it's new. Take the time babes!!! You are going for an amazing ride for your life!! Woo Hoo!!!