Where is your port??

Hello all!! In exactly one week (10/24) I will be an official bandster!! I have actually been doing real well (suprisingly) at losing the 5% before surgery! I have lost 12 pounds!! :o

Anyway, now all kinds of questions are going through my head... And my husband added another one last night.......

So..... Where did Dr. Ortiz put your port???? Does it stick out?? Does it hurt?? Is it easy to find??

Ports... Tell me about them!

They'll make five incisions in your stomach. Four of them are around half an inch long, one is about and inch and a half long up and to your left of your belly button. That's the port. It sits under your skin and doesn't stick out any, but once it heals up a bit you may be able to feel it under the skin. No biggie.

Hope that helps

I can't palpate my port right now which is probably a good thing cause I'd be pushing on it all the time! :P I got a fill on Monday under fluro and it always amazes me that my port is actually two inches below the port incision. All of my surgical sites are above the line of my belly button. There are four puncture sites where they pass instruments into the abdomen and one actual incision that is used to place the port. My puncture sites have never been painful. The most discomfort I had at best was minimal and it was at the port incision. My discomfort was relieved by liquid Tylenol - rapid release.

If you'd like to see actual pictures of incisions, several folks have posted their post-op shots on lapbandtalk.com.

Chelley

• 10 months later...
Hello all!! In exactly one week (10/24) I will be an official bandster!! I have actually been doing real well (suprisingly) at losing the 5% before surgery! I have lost 12 pounds!! :o

Anyway, now all kinds of questions are going through my head... And my husband added another one last night.......

So..... Where did Dr. Ortiz put your port???? Does it stick out?? Does it hurt?? Is it easy to find??

Ports... Tell me about them!

My band was put in by Dr. Ortiz and it is at my largest incision. I could not feel it till about 3 weeks after surgery. Due to the tenderness of my belly but I know its their now. 6 weeks post of and I can definately feel it. It does not stick out but if you push firmly on your skin and feel around you will find it.