What did you eat after liquid diet?

Amanda2008

I'm on day 16 of liquid diet, and starting to get hungrier and hungrier.

What kind of food and typical amount of it did you eat starting Day 21? Did anyone stay on soups?

I gradually increased my foods. Day 1 I started on scrambled eggs, pintos and chz (taco bell), and for dinner I had a can of potatoe soup (ate the potatoes). Day 2 I had cream of wheat, turkey bacon, spinach dip with a few crackers, and dinner I had ground turkey with gravy and mashed potatoes. ETC. Just increase it a little each day until you feel comfortable you can handle about anything.

What kind of food and typical amount of it did you eat starting Day 21? Did anyone stay on soups?

Are you taking those Metamucil capsules or the chewable Fiber Choice for hunger pangs? If not, take either one take one at 10am and at 3pm. I've haven't been hungry since my preop diet, since Dr Miranda suggested to take them...

Starting day 22 is when you can start eating food and I did the same as Dana. I gradually eat my solids food by eating softer foods and progress up. My first day was this: Breakfast was an egg omelet with bacon and cheese and some salsa...YUMMY! LOL...food never tasted sooooo good! Lunch was pintos beans and cheese from Taco Bell (can you tell we all talked about the beans! LOL) and for dinner I had finished off the cream of potatoe and cheddar cheese soup I made, which was Cathy's receips (OH, so good!!!).

When on solids, you can eat anything you want ~ just make sure you are eating SMALL bites and chew, chew, chew the dickens on your food before you swallow! Cut your food to a dime size and practice your chewing, eating slowly. NO DRINKS while you are eating...don't forget this, very important as to not to stretch out your food or swell the food up before going through the smaller opening to your old stomach.

Oh I am a pintos and beans freak these days...just had them for lunch today! :) LOVE THEM!!!

I did the same working my way up on the food. I had egg beaters for breakfast my first day and some mini raviolis for lunch. Dinner was 1 piece of pizza and it took me forever to eat it I ate so slow. Work your way up and you will be able to gage what you can handle. Biggest thing is to eat SLOW! That way you fill up faster and know right when you are full. Before, I would eat so fast I didn't realize I was full until like 10 minutes later.

I'm on day 14, and the same thing is happening to me. Today for the first time I was ravenous! Can't stop thinking about food. Part of the problem is I'm craving variety.

Can't wait to start the solid foods again.

Jazzy it is funny you said Pinto Beans from Taco Bell.. I have my calender marked for my Pinto Beans i love that stuff..

I am not crazy after all.

Shana-Lee

LOL...oh I know what you mean! I've been talking about trying to get in proteins and that was the first thing I thought of and the others thought the same too, with a "ahhh" and "ohhh"...way too funny! I love that stuff too and GREAT source of proteins. I STILL have beans EVERY day!!! And to change the taste sometimes, I would add different hot sauce or salsa each time...like having a different meal each time! LOL...well, to me it did!

I'm on day 14, and the same thing is happening to me. Today for the first time I was ravenous! Can't stop thinking about food. Part of the problem is I'm craving variety.

Can't wait to start the solid foods again.

What soups are you having? Are you continuing taking those Metamucil capsules or chewable Fiber Choice for the hunger pangs? It is suggested and oh yeah, it really helps. Take one at 10am and the other at 3pm...

What soups are you having? Are you continuing taking those Metamucil capsules or chewable Fiber Choice for the hunger pangs? It is suggested and oh yeah, it really helps. Take one at 10am and the other at 3pm...

Alas due to my IBS, the only time I can take fibre supplements is when I'm extremely constipated, otherwise I get severe diarrhea :( But all things considered, it isn't too bad. I try to remind myself that no matter how hard this post-op period is, I found the pre-op diet much harder! Thank goodness for the band. Imagine how much hungrier we would all be!

Alas due to my IBS, the only time I can take fibre supplements is when I'm extremely constipated, otherwise I get severe diarrhea :( But all things considered, it isn't too bad. I try to remind myself that no matter how hard this post-op period is, I found the pre-op diet much harder! Thank goodness for the band. Imagine how much hungrier we would all be!

Ah yes, well this is definitely going to be a successful challenge for you. STAY FOCUS and set some small reachable goals for you to reach within a week or so. This is what I've been doing and so far, I've reached them all. You would be surprise on how well you can follow 'the rules' when you need to.