Post-op day 6 & question o/b fills

Hello everyone.... well its post-op day 6. I cant believe how fast this week has gone by. By this I mean surgery day, not clear liquids! Can I just say, just saying "clear" makes me want to vomit! Anyway, well I am down 10 lbs!!! (16 lbs from pre-op wt, 10 lbs since surgery) I am very excited. I am wondering if the wt will come back once solids are started? Also, I find my stomach muscles are soo sore. I am still having pain around the lg incision site. I get wiped out with my abdominal muscles after even a short walk. This has got me freaking out a little bit since I go back to clinical rotations tomorrow ( I have 4 rotations left to get my nurse practitioner license)!!! And then I go back to wk this weekend. The rotations are only 8 hr days. But I do 14 hr shifts at wk. And I wk 4 in a row. At this state, im not sure I can do it. Sorry for going on... but I'm a little stressed since mondays here. I scheduled my 1st fill for Jan 15th. Does anybody know if accessing the port causes pain afterwards? Thanks for listening and have a great monday!!

Hi it's day 6 for me also, according to Dr. Miranda you can do drinkable yogurt as early as day 4, and there is a Metamucil powder non-thickining that you can add to water that tastes really good and fills you up. I couldn't do the broth either but I used the top-ramen seasoning packet and hot water, I also get tired easy and in rereading the paperwork I may not be drinking enough water. I am down 7 pounds! Are you Saba?? :-h

Hi Kim! I am so glad to hear your doing well. I havent tried the metamucil but I absolutely love the benefiber. I dont think im getting enough water either. My goal is to increase it from today. Please tell your hubby my husb says hello :D

Oh, I am so glad to find you. I thought that the pic was you, but wasn't sure by the name. The powder may be benefiber brand I can't remember. I couldn't do the chewables they hurt. I also added some liquid tylenol, just sips, and with something other than water and that sure helped take the edge off. Yeah for you for loosing 10 lbs. =D> Hang in there and pace yourself, and try not to catch anything so you risk vomiting. Stay healthy and Shawn says hi back to your husband.

Hi Sarah!

You're doing great! I stepped on the scale this morning. It's been quite evil to me. But, I'm down 24 pounds. 20 pre-op and 4 post-op. I can't even choke down the broth right now. Last night I was so nauseous that I emailed my boss and took today off. I'm planning on going back tomorrow. However, I have a sitting job unlike you.

I met someone on the day that I flew out. She had lost 17 pounds during pre-op and post-op... when she started solids, she gained back 4 pounds, so she immediately set-up for her first fill exactly six weeks post-op. She said the shot for the fill felt like getting a flu shot.

Maybe I'll see you in TJ in January. I'm going to see about scheduling my first fill for January 16. I want to get it scheduled so that I can purchase an airline ticket immediately for a lower cost.

Hugs, Kristy

Had my first fill today and I was only up .2 from the end of my 21 day liquid diet. So it's possible not to gain, but let me tell you - you gotta stay on it! My aftercare doctor said most people gain when they go on solids so don't be surprised if you do. I went up a few lbs at first but was able to take most of it off. Count those calories and get in your proteins! On the days I seemed more hungry it was days when looking back I noticed that I ate too many carbs and not enough protein.

My port was still sore up until recently and when I do any strenuous activity it gets sore too so don't stress. But also, don't be pushing yourself too hard. As someone told me a while back - let you floors get dirty...let your yard not get raked. Relax and take care of yourself then worry about all that stuff.