HELP SOMEONE LOOKING FOR LAPBAND OVER GASTRIC BYPASS PTS

Help , having surg Nov 3, want to talk to someone who has had gastric bypass surg and is now going to be lapbanded by Dr. Oritz. What does it feel like? When do u get back to normal how long? Any info would be of help.

Donna R

Some info to help you can be found on my topic. My lapband experience in OZ

• 2 weeks later...

Help , having surg Nov 3, want to talk to someone who has had gastric bypass surg and is now going to be lapbanded by Dr. Oritz. What does it feel like? When do u get back to normal how long? Any info would be of help.

Donna R

Donna - I never had the gastric bypass, but I had the lapband surgery by Dr. Ortiz on Tuesday, October 24. I've had two other surgeries that knocked me out for extended periods of time (appendix, tubal pregnancy - each quite invasive and I was opened from side to side). These surgeries kept me from work/school as was the case for weeks - up to 6 weeks for the tubal pregnancy and for each I was in the hospital a week! I was discharged the next day after my lapband surgery. I felt so good that we drove home to Las Vegas. On Thursday, October 26, I went to work for a few hours. I would have stayed longer, but my husband wanted the day off. By this weekend, I was doing light house keeping. I returned to work full time on Monday, October 30. I took pain pills on 10/25 only, none after that, not even aspirin. Now, I'll be the first to admit that I have a fairly high tolerance for pain and not much keeps me down. I hope this helps.

Lynn C.