Smoothie king

I dont know if you all have Smoothie king around you but we have them all over here and I like one of their smoothies, Strawberry Kiwi Breeze and I always have them add extra protein powder - but I was curious - do you all ever use these for your meal replacements? they are expensive so I dont use them often but I was considering it pre and post op

They use alot of real fruit and some can be very high in calories but you can have them "make it skinny" and they take out a ton of sugar.

Thanks!

Believe me when I tell you this: for post op its a NO NO! I didn't believe it, but let me tell you, because they blend the drink in the blender it infused a large amount of air which is what "fluffs" it up. I got one from Jamba Juice on post op day 6 and I was SORRY!

For pre-op, the calorie content would probably be too high.

I dont know if you all have Smoothie king around you but we have them all over here and I like one of their smoothies, Strawberry Kiwi Breeze and I always have them add extra protein powder - but I was curious - do you all ever use these for your meal replacements? they are expensive so I dont use them often but I was considering it pre and post op

They use alot of real fruit and some can be very high in calories but you can have them "make it skinny" and they take out a ton of sugar.

Thanks!

Well, actually you can have it...in moderation and also, let the drink sit a bit to settle the 'air' they use in "fluffing" the drinks up, like CindyLou mentioned.

Remember, to drink only a 1/2 cup at a time, NOT the whole drink at one sitting! Don't want to risk stretching your band, with continuous drinking all at once, which would bring too much stress with the band and pouch.

So, drink a 1/2 cup (4 oz) worth and wait a bit and then again, and wait, etc.

I personally didn't start this until I started on solid food stage.

I was wondering about this myself. I could easily have a smoothie for a meal instead of a protein shake, and be so happy (this is for the pre-op diet). What about if I made my own?

I was wondering about this myself. I could easily have a smoothie for a meal instead of a protein shake, and be so happy (this is for the pre-op diet). What about if I made my own?

Sure! Go to this link from the Recipe section...just remember to use the protein powder too, as they have the nutrient boosters you need!

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=7029

Enjoy and some of them are good.