Stress and Your Band

I'd heard from Dr. O and others who've posted on this forum about how stress can cause your band to become tight. Well, it's finals week and needless to say, I haven't been able to eat anything but these perfect food bars (which by the way are delicious and melt in your mouth! Also have 18 grams of protein) for the last two days and water...and coffee. Any "real food" and I PB hard, which is bad. I thought I was restricted with my second fill, and it was just starting to loosen up a bit, until two days ago. I hope that after Thursday this will go away...good news is I've lost 4 pounds! (And right before my period, too....which is unusual). Hope you all are doing well!!

P.S.- Stay away from the stress 'cause it will creep up on you. :P

AngelaAnn,

Try deep breathing exercise to remove stress - you can find info on Dr Weil's website - and others. I often practice this during stressful times to get control over it or else I end up being miserable.

It really does help to calm you and to get oxygen throughout your body and deep into your organs. You really just need to sit down on the ground, clear your mind and breathe deep in through your nose and out through your mind (change mind to mouth....). I just focus on “seeing” the oxygen go throughout my body and let everything leave my mind. It can de-stress you before a meal – and I will make herb tea and drink it warm/hot (not too hot) before my meal with honey to loosen my band and distress.

Good luck and do good on your finals!

Lisa

I'd heard from Dr. O and others who've posted on this forum about how stress can cause your band to become tight. Well, it's finals week and needless to say, I haven't been able to eat anything but these perfect food bars (which by the way are delicious and melt in your mouth! Also have 18 grams of protein) for the last two days and water...and coffee. Any "real food" and I PB hard, which is bad. I thought I was restricted with my second fill, and it was just starting to loosen up a bit, until two days ago. I hope that after Thursday this will go away...good news is I've lost 4 pounds! (And right before my period, too....which is unusual). Hope you all are doing well!!

P.S.- Stay away from the stress 'cause it will creep up on you. :P

Tell me about it! My Dad was in ICU for 2 weeks, we just got him home Sunday. I couldn't eat anything. I was on soup. I had my first PB during this time, it was disgusting. But, I learned and now, I am moving forward. I lost 4 lbs during that time too. I just started eating solids again yesterday. I was able to eat a taco salad just fine.

Hope you feel better soon! Take care of you!