Vitamin Stock up

Hi all, my surgery is 1/2/09 and I am going to GNC & Trader Joes this weekend to stock up on some vitamins and such for post op. Is any multivitamin ok? I know some of you have liquid vitamins or gummy ones, please let me know the brand. Also is Biotin the best one for hair loss, I am sorrt of paranoid of that side effect. I feel like I already loss alot of hair everytime I blow dry. Thank for the help. Pre-Surgery diet starts on Friday, Lord help me get through the holidays! ><'

Hi Jenn ~ Congrats again on your decision and you will be just fine. Keep the focus and believe in your success yet to come.

Vitamins - Everyone has their favorites and some can't chew or don't care for the liquids. I am continuing with what Dr. Miranda from OCC had suggested to use the chewable Centrium Multivitamin. But what I had just started doing is alternating every week is using the Little Critters gummy bites you get from WalMart. I like the Centrium Multivitamin but thought a variety is good and the flavor. Both have the same ingredients.

Biotin ~ yes it is good for hair loss. I take 2 in the morning.

Me personally, these are my vitamins and supplements I take daily:

Morning

~ B12, B6 with Folic Acid dissolvable tablets from TriVita (I order online and used for several years)

~ Vitamin E gel table (for extra strength in hair and nails and healthier skin)

~ Vitamin A gel tablet (for my eyes)

~ Fish Oil gel tablet (I use Iceland Health Omega 3 ~ Cuts your risk of heart attack, strokes, arthritis, improve memory and energy levels, reduces stress and fatigue, and just feels good!

~ (2) Biotin tablets (for hair loss)

At 10:00 am ~ (1) chewable Fiber Choice

Afternoon

At 3:00 pm ~ (1) chewable Fiber Choice

Fiber Choice - I get the one for Weight Management (Strawberry) with Chromium Picolinate (200mg per tablet) to aid in weight loss AND helps curbs hunger pangs

Benefiber - I use both the chewables (Orange Creme) and/or the unflavored powder throughout. The powder I mixed in my drinks, cooking or baking. There is NO taste and it dissolve to nothing in seconds.

The same with the nutrients...I try to make my daily 60 - 90 grams of proteins a day and make sure my iron is up, etc.

I will do whatever it takes to get MY body as healthy as possible...

Hope this helps...stay well!

I do the chewable Centrum as well and like them. I bought the liquid Centrum and I almost threw it up every time I took it - I only lasted about a week on that. Also do fiber choice weight management.

I was worried about swallowing pills during post-op, so after the 21 days I started taking some pills I got at a health foods store that are to help your colon and flush you out a bit and get your "rotto rooter" working as Jude says! :) I've always had a problem with that.

I don't have a complicated vitamin routine, but I know some bandsters swear by it. I love the chewable centrum vit. I can't do the liquid, but I know I need something because am eating so much less. My hair fell out for the first couple of weeks. :o Not CHUNKS just more when brushing it. I added more protein and did the chewables and was fine (happy to report)! Good luck!