Cocaine and gettin' angry...

sorry to all those offended by this post. Maybe this is not the place or the time to put this out there. But I've been bothered about it for the past 2 years running so decided to rant.

I don't like cocaine at all. It took all my friends away. I'm lonely these days, and angry at them and the world. I mean, I had this super cool group of friends to hang with. We were all yuppie/techies and went dancing, partying and could for the most part depend on each other for anything. Slowly cocaine came into the picture and slowly I saw things just get out of hand. I'm not passing judgement... God knows I've done my share of partying. But things change... I'm married now and we're saving for a house. I have an animation career that's finally blossoming. I wanna get banded and finally drop this weight, take care of my health, escape hereditary diabetes 2, and become a smoking hot cycling nerd and motion graphics artist. So many other cool things to look forward to... skiing, snowboarding, CYCLING, Russion River kayaking in a bikini, possible visual effects career. There's way more to life than the next joint, pint or line.

2009 WILL be my year... and unfortunately I'll not have many to share it with. Me and my new hubby are doing great, newlywed related bliss you know. But I do miss my friends. They're all jerks now, and I spend a lot of time dodging invitations to parties and coming up with excuses. All the parties end up the same... you end up talking to some coked out freak who thinks burning man is the greatest thing ever, or he tries to get you in on a threesome because he thinks your THAT drunk and stupid. Or you walk into a dark room to get a bit of quiet time, turn on the light and realize 10 people are sitting there in the pitch black snorting line, after line, after line. Scary and pathetic stuff. I decided I was officially THRU and stopped hanging out. Doesn't matter, I still get invitations to parties and I wish they'd stop writing me. Maybe they just want me to know I'm missing out on a good time. Screw their version of a "good time".

Ok, so I fell in with the wrong crowd for a while. It made me so sad I almost moved out of the city. But San Francisco is more than druggy partiers... technology, art and culture are so alive in this town. Now I'm finally getting back to being myself... my extremely nerdy, goofy, fun loving self. Slowly starting to make friends that don't worship the bong or get coked out every weekend. Gonna start taking cooking classes with a friend. I'm tired of being mad at my ex friends... it's def time to move on. I know being banded will help me take control and gain self confidence. I'm so excited for the future. Happy Holidays and keep it real no matter what. :-D

Hi Slim ~ AWESOME post and so glad you made your decision to steer away from that 'mess'. You are young and you and your hubby will make a new life between the two of you. YOU made the decision to turnabout and focus on you and your health and you are doing just great. You are on the right track.

You've got LOTS of new friends here for a start for sure! It's a pleasure to meet you and hopefully we will meet up. I live in San Diego, so who knows? April of 2009, we are planning a get together in San Diego (see future posts on this) for all of us bandsters on this forum and it may be an opportunity for meet several people from this forum.

Glad you post this...wish you the BEST success and please, do come here for any questions and concerns you many have.

Good Luck and keep us posted on how you are doing...

Guest CaraMBA09
sorry to all those offended by this post. Maybe this is not the place or the time to put this out there. But I've been bothered about it for the past 2 years running so decided to rant.

I don't like cocaine at all. It took all my friends away. I'm lonely these days, and angry at them and the world. I mean, I had this super cool group of friends to hang with. We were all yuppie/techies and went dancing, partying and could for the most part depend on each other for anything. Slowly cocaine came into the picture and slowly I saw things just get out of hand. I'm not passing judgement... God knows I've done my share of partying. But things change... I'm married now and we're saving for a house. I have an animation career that's finally blossoming. I wanna get banded and finally drop this weight, take care of my health, escape hereditary diabetes 2, and become a smoking hot cycling nerd and motion graphics artist. So many other cool things to look forward to... skiing, snowboarding, CYCLING, Russion River kayaking in a bikini, possible visual effects career. There's way more to life than the next joint, pint or line.

2009 WILL be my year... and unfortunately I'll not have many to share it with. Me and my new hubby are doing great, newlywed related bliss you know. But I do miss my friends. They're all jerks now, and I spend a lot of time dodging invitations to parties and coming up with excuses. All the parties end up the same... you end up talking to some coked out freak who thinks burning man is the greatest thing ever, or he tries to get you in on a threesome because he thinks your THAT drunk and stupid. Or you walk into a dark room to get a bit of quiet time, turn on the light and realize 10 people are sitting there in the pitch black snorting line, after line, after line. Scary and pathetic stuff. I decided I was officially THRU and stopped hanging out. Doesn't matter, I still get invitations to parties and I wish they'd stop writing me. Maybe they just want me to know I'm missing out on a good time. Screw their version of a "good time".

Ok, so I fell in with the wrong crowd for a while. It made me so sad I almost moved out of the city. But San Francisco is more than druggy partiers... technology, art and culture are so alive in this town. Now I'm finally getting back to being myself... my extremely nerdy, goofy, fun loving self. Slowly starting to make friends that don't worship the bong or get coked out every weekend. Gonna start taking cooking classes with a friend. I'm tired of being mad at my ex friends... it's def time to move on. I know being banded will help me take control and gain self confidence. I'm so excited for the future. Happy Holidays and keep it real no matter what. :-D

I too lost a friend to cocaine, her parents had an intervention and I tried and tried to get her out of it...she ended up in prison for three years. That was a turning point for me to not hang out with people who were taking a divergent path than I was, no matter how much I loved or cared for them.

Can you imagine waking up like that at 40? or 50? me neither and it really does happen.

2009 will be your year because you feel it and believe in it.

Good luck to you and this band is amazing! if you work with it, it will work with you.

Thank you guys so much for your well wishes. I am steering clear of the stuff, and over the 2 years it's gotten easier to truly do my own thing. It's funny that I'm 31 years old and talking about this, it sounds more like high school peer pressure type stuff. Haha, but you know some people never mature much past high school. All of my friends are late 20s/early 30s and make plenty of money and I figure a lot of this is just an attempt to stay young and wild. And the weird thing is that a little bit of social obligation weirdness is thrown into the mix. Other friends are getting tired of it too, but are afraid of challenging them and being seen as not fun or socially awkward. Strange stuff. It doesn't help that I'm a big woman either, since most of them are very slim and attractive. I've gotten some rude things said to me and some nasty looks over the years. I'm glad to drop them and not care what they think anymore. In the end they just weren't real friends.

But yeah looking so forward to the surgery. I know it's gonna help me get a handle on my eating. I can't wait for cycling to become even easier. I start my pre-op diet next week. I decided to have at it a week earlier, and take christmas day off to have a fantastic dinner with the hubby. I'm gonna cycle daily to the beach and back, which should give me an hour a day of cardio. Rainy days means I pull out the treadmill. I'm already starting to look at tummy tuck surgery for 2010 if I should hit my goal weight by then. eeeehhhheeeee :-D

"Can you imagine waking up like that at 40? or 50? me neither and it really does happen."

Yeah I can imagine, sadly enough. It's so easy when everyone you know does drugs and you enable each other. I used to smoke weed with some of my friends back in the day. Today some of them still smoke daily and they're pushing into their 30s and even their 40s with the habit. Most of them are unhappy and can't take a trip anywhere without being desperate for the stuff. I'm glad I got out of that too. If ALL of your friends are doing the same stuff it's uber hard to stop I think. I'm glad me and my hubby keep to ourselves mostly.

The funny thing is I hear about the group every once in a while. People are moving away left and right. Of course there are the couples having kids and stuff like that. But others are just bolting and moving to LA, or New York or where ever else. Taking jobs in Japan. I suspect some of them are getting tired of the scene and just taking off. I was about to do that, but I'm glad I changed my mind.