Sick! Ugh

I finally succumbed to what is going around and am sick with either cold or flu. Can't really tell at this point. And just before Xmas too :(

The irony of it all is that today is day 2 of solid foods, and what are you actually supposed to eat when you're sick? Liquids! Soups! To think I had done with those, or so I thought!

:huh:

What have you all done food/menu-wise when you've been sick?

One thing that’s really important is to try and never throw up. Especially with a new band – now many have gotten the flu/cold and gotten sick and are fine, so don’t’ worry too much but be careful

I always have anti nausea medication with me – in addition I’m really good at getting my flu shot (and its not to late for all of you out there) as well as having anti bacteria hand wash with me at all times.

If you do get sick, go on liquids for a few days, even with a cold the draining down your throat can cause swelling. And if you throw up – for sure put yourself on liquids. You can cause swelling and you need to take it easy for a few days. I generally have cans of chicken soup around, keep some good juice and tea, as well as some protein water on hand this time of the year.

Take care of yourself – try to get plenty of rest!

Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa

Warm liquids like tea help to calm your stomach. staying hydrated and getting in some protein is the key.

If you can, make some homemade chicken broth by putting a whole chicken-yes , even the skin-in a pot, cover with water, add carrotts, celery, garlic, dill if you have it. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour. Remove chicken, strain out veggies-sip the broth.

It always works for me.

Hope you feel better.

Warm liquids like tea help to calm your stomach. staying hydrated and getting in some protein is the key.

If you can, make some homemade chicken broth by putting a whole chicken-yes , even the skin-in a pot, cover with water, add carrotts, celery, garlic, dill if you have it. Bring to a boil then simmer for 1 hour. Remove chicken, strain out veggies-sip the broth.

It always works for me.

Hope you feel better.

Ah yes, nothing better than homemade chicken soup/broth! I do the same as you do Jan. I make a big batch and freeze it with some chicken and the spices for the flavoring and I have it ready for these 'flu/cold' spells.

Thanks for the reminder tip on the warm liquids to calm the stomach and easing of the swelling around the band. I actually warmed up my protein water this morning and it felt good.

I agree with Lisa on going on liquids when you are sick and choose wisely what you drink to get in the most protein in you.

((HUGS!))...hope you feel better real soon!

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. What a great place this is, to get support for whatever issues arise! It's like a second home to me now.

I'll definitely rely on warm liquids now rather than cold. I think I do feel the swelling, as I woke up this morning feeling some restriction that wasn't there yesterday. And yes, my cupboards are stocked with broth! I had hoped I'd never have to have them again (blech!) but you never know! Thank goodness for the protein drinks too. The idea of getting chicken breast down just seems so unappetizing at the moment, with my sore throat and the swelling.

One positive thing about this is that it prevents me from going overboard on the solids for at least a few days.