Question about band slipping

Hello Everyone....can anyone clarify how you would know if your band slipped? I have read alot on this forum to be careful because the band can slip, but what are some of the signs/symptoms that it has actually slipped? I am 2 1/2 wks post-op and with the occassional aches and pains I sometimes get, I find myself wondering how do I know if those pains are from it slipping. :wacko:

-Sarah

Hello Everyone....can anyone clarify how you would know if your band slipped? I have read alot on this forum to be careful because the band can slip, but what are some of the signs/symptoms that it has actually slipped? I am 2 1/2 wks post-op and with the occassional aches and pains I sometimes get, I find myself wondering how do I know if those pains are from it slipping. :wacko:

-Sarah

From what I have heard, when your band has slipped you can not keep anything down. Not even liquids.

I know someone who had a slipped band and the first sign was getting a fast bad case of reflux at night. It got worse, she was in pain when eating and couldn’t keep anything down.

Its perfectly normal to worry a lot at first, its something I still do from time to time and its been over two years since I received my band. (But at first it was constant - with many of my aches and pains I thought I'd done something to my band)

Very few of us slip our bands, during my time it was the chicken lady (she ate a piece of chicken during the first 2 weeks) and someone who ate granola or something like that.

Dr. Ortiz is known for putting his bands in good and we have very few complications.

Take care, I'm sure you're just feeling the normal complications of surgery! And one other note, it always seems that those that get their bands during the Holidays always wear themselves out and take longer to heal - with everything else - you're getting ready for the Holidays and all that to deal with on top of having surgery!

So try and take it easy, give yourself a day of rest here and there!

Best,

Lisa