1st Fill-got 2cc's

I got my first fill on Dec. 15th at OCC and I got 2 cc's. Once I eat breakfast and drink my water , I always feel full throughout the day. I try to eat when I get hungry, but my stomach never feels empty or growls. I have been getting headaches so I take that to mean I'm hungry. So on yesterday I made a conscience effort to eat every 3hrs and I didn't get any headaches but I felt so full throughout the day. So is this what restriction feels like? Or is it I probably have some swelling from the fill? Is eating every 3hrs appropriate even if I don't feel hungry? I guess I don't know how I should be feeling since my fill. Please give me some insight.

Sharon

I got my first fill on Dec. 15th at OCC and I got 2 cc's. Once I eat breakfast and drink my water , I always feel full throughout the day. I try to eat when I get hungry, but my stomach never feels empty or growls. I have been getting headaches so I take that to mean I'm hungry. So on yesterday I made a conscience effort to eat every 3hrs and I didn't get any headaches but I felt so full throughout the day. So is this what restriction feels like? Or is it I probably have some swelling from the fill? Is eating every 3hrs appropriate even if I don't feel hungry? I guess I don't know how I should be feeling since my fill. Please give me some insight.

Sharon

Hi Sharon,

You definitely need to eat something, every few hours. Are you getting enough protein, either through protein shakes, protein powder or protein bullets? In addition to my eating everyday, I make sure I add more protein. I was getting bad headaches and dizzyness and once I increased my protein, it stopped. Also, your pouch definitely fills up quickly, but sometimes I still don't feel full like I have eaten all I need. So, are you eating slow enough? I know if I go too fast, I get that really full feeling in my pouch quickly. So, I have to remind myself to go slow and sit my fork or spoon down after each bite. It is great that your fullness last for a long time, I would definitely say this is the restriction you want. Just make sure you are getting the nutrition you need, in your vitamins and protein grams & eating throughout the day. This is important for your metabolism and steady weight loss. Hope this helps.

Sharon

Hi, I was the one sitting to your right at the clinic. I think it is exciting that you got your first fill and are feeling so full. Did you have the floroscopy?

It sounds like we have so much to learn day to day whatever stage we are at. Please keep posting so that us that haven't had the first fill know what to expect. I hope things smooth out for you.

Also, did you have a driver pick you up at the airport or did you drive over yourself? I think I remember you saying something about a package deal. Was that you or someone else? I am always full of questions.

Anne

Hi Anne, so how are things going since you got banded? I didn't start starving until day 5 post-op. Dr. Acousta did use the floroscopy. I guess I'm so shocked at how full I am feeling so now I just need to step up my exercise a little more. I did do the transportation pkg for the fill which was $279 and it included 1 night hotel stay. They pick you up at the airport and take you to the center or hotel and back to the airport on your departure date. I think it is $199 if you don't do the 1 night hotel stay.

Sharon

Hi, You are so right! I started feeling my first hunger pains today, day 6. It is not too bad though. I probably brought it on myself. I went to the grocery store today to buy food for Christmas dinner, I changed my grocery list real quick! I went over to the drinkable yogurt and creamed soups. LOL Then I came home and made fudge. :blink: It was the first time I haven't licked the spoon or cleaned out the bowl. Wow, what a test. I never realized how much I taste while I am cooking.

I can't wait for 7 more weeks to come so that I can get a fill.

Thanks for the info on the package deal. :)

I actually got an aftercare letter from the clinic today.

Anne

Hi Sharon ~ Dana and I were banded 2 days apart and we both went through the same thing. We didn't have enough proteins in our diet and when we upped it, it made a huge difference. Yes, you would be fuller quicker and sooner than you did previously, as this is your first fill AND you got a large fill. My first one was 1cc and my 2nd was .6 ~ but this is for MY body. By OCC's general standard fill rule, you are on full liquids (like the 'creamy soups' stage) for 3 days, then you start your solid foods. You should eat only 3 meals are day and porportion your food accordingly, with the most being proteins.

Dr. Acosta gave me my 2nd fill Saturday and he said I was NOT eating enough, so I am upping my proteins to 1/2 cup per meal, instead of the normal 1/4 to 1/3 cup.

If ever in doubt, contact Dr. Miranda, our nutritionist. This is what I do if I have a question or concern.

Keep us posted...

I have found that while trying to get high protein I've restricted my carbs too much. Over the last week I have upped my carbs some and feel much better. I was trying to stick to atkins while waiting for a fill, but I have decided to follow dr. Miranda's advice and have my fruits/starches as directed. I'm now convinced its all about balance.