Went to first preop/postop meeting... and learned a lot!

So my husband and I drove all the way from San Francisco to Stockton for my first preop/postop lapband meeting. Yup, I did all the driving. I missed the one in Petaluma which was much closer and a doctor advised not going to the San Francisco meetings because they're always practically empty.

I'm so glad I went... learned a lot about both GB and lapband. Also asked the guy running the meetings, Dr. Cirangle from the Laparoscopic Associates of SF, about going to Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana. He said that even though he usually doesn't take patients that have had their surgeries elsewhere, he would do aftercare and fills with me. He only does this for surgeons he knows and trusts. I felt very good about that.

My husband was very glad he went as well. He got to hear a lot of stories and also had his questions answered. An overall good experience. Hope to not have to do that drive again though. :-)

Glad to see you are researching and are satisfied with the meeting. It is important to know the ins and outs of any surgeries and the aftercare, which is very important for your success. It was nice to know that he would except patients from "elsewhere", no matter where, from surgeons he trusts. He sees the importance and the need for aftercare but also the expertise from a surgeon who does good work. Excellent research and worth the drive for peace of mind.

Good luck with your decision.