Second Fill too tight!!

I had my second fill last saturday and it's too tight! I can't even swallow water without throwing it up! I have a total of 3.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. My fill doctor is only in every other saturday so i have to wait another week and a half. Any suggestions? I was told it will loosen up. is that true? Any one experience this before? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..it's so painful.

Thanks,

Lisa Benalcazar

Banded by Dr Ortiz 10/3/08

First fill 11/22/08 2.4 cc's

Second fill 12/20/08 1 cc

total 3.4 cc's

I had my second fill last saturday and it's too tight! I can't even swallow water without throwing it up! I have a total of 3.4 cc's in a 4 cc band. My fill doctor is only in every other saturday so i have to wait another week and a half. Any suggestions? I was told it will loosen up. is that true? Any one experience this before? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated..it's so painful.

Thanks,

Lisa Benalcazar

total 3.4 cc's

I'm not an expert, but I don't think you should trust that it will loosen itself up on its own. My second fill is pretty tight and it just started loosening up now, two months after I got it. I was led to believe that you can do some serious damage if your fill is too tight. There's nobody near you that can loosen it?? Good Luck! And keep trying with the water!

Guest CaraMBA09

Thanks,

Lisa Benalcazar

total 3.4 cc's

1st question I have is did you have this done under fluoro?

If not, then I would IMMEDIATELY get yourself to a center to get unfilled, especially if you are not able to hold down water!!

if you did have this done under fluoro, then they would have been able to see just how much restriction you had.

Are you having your period? (this tightens things BIG time!)

are you under major stress about anything? ( this will also REALLY tighten your band!)

If you cannot get an unfill for whatever reason, begin drinking...actually SIPPING warm cups of tea...once you are able to keep that down...get yourself a good healthy protein shake...only sip on it.

I had a VERY tight fill that left me unable to eat anything but liquids (water and hot tea) and protein (liquid bombs and EAS protein lite shakes) for over a week and it was primarily because I was in finals...then, like a light switch...exactly 9 days later, I was able to eat a piece of cod, a piece of salmon, two scallops and two prawns...it was weird, but the whole thing made sense.

I hope you are doing okay...I am worried that you are not keeping water down...!

1st question I have is did you have this done under fluoro?

If not, then I would IMMEDIATELY get yourself to a center to get unfilled, especially if you are not able to hold down water!!

if you did have this done under fluoro, then they would have been able to see just how much restriction you had.

Are you having your period? (this tightens things BIG time!)

are you under major stress about anything? ( this will also REALLY tighten your band!)

If you cannot get an unfill for whatever reason, begin drinking...actually SIPPING warm cups of tea...once you are able to keep that down...get yourself a good healthy protein shake...only sip on it.

I had a VERY tight fill that left me unable to eat anything but liquids (water and hot tea) and protein (liquid bombs and EAS protein lite shakes) for over a week and it was primarily because I was in finals...then, like a light switch...exactly 9 days later, I was able to eat a piece of cod, a piece of salmon, two scallops and two prawns...it was weird, but the whole thing made sense.

I hope you are doing okay...I am worried that you are not keeping water down...!

Dehydration is no fun! Anyway, this happened to me during finals too. The week of the 18th I couldn't eat a solid thing for 8 days or I'd immediately pb it back up. Just liquids and my protein shakes and bullets. Then on Christmas Eve, I could eat my "whole" dinner. (By whole, I mean 5 bites of prime rib, 5 string beans, 2 bites of potato, and 5 bites of a salad. But this was awesome and satisfying and weird.) The band is a mysterious thing.

Guest CaraMBA09
Dehydration is no fun! Anyway, this happened to me during finals too. The week of the 18th I couldn't eat a solid thing for 8 days or I'd immediately pb it back up. Just liquids and my protein shakes and bullets. Then on Christmas Eve, I could eat my "whole" dinner. (By whole, I mean 5 bites of prime rib, 5 string beans, 2 bites of potato, and 5 bites of a salad. But this was awesome and satisfying and weird.) The band is a mysterious thing.

I agree!

I ate a small piece of prime rib and a few bites of Caesar salad as well. I never dreamed two weeks ago I would do it!

Love my band, but it is a very fickle customer at times...LOL

Thanks,

Lisa Benalcazar

total 3.4 cc's

Lisa ~ Hi sweetie! Glad to hear from you but sorry for your issue.

IF YOU CANNOT TOLERATE LIQUIDS, CONTACT YOUR FILL DR RIGHT AWAY! This is consider an emergency.

At OCC, they give you a half sheet paper titled, "CAUTION: Is your band too Tight?", which says the following:

~ Can't tolerate any solid food

~ Can eat "very small" amounts of solid food (painful and only a little stays down)

~ Can't tolerate liquids (this is an emergeny!)

~ Regurgitation of swallowed foods (PBing)

~ Heartburn

~ Night coughin or choling

~ Repeated Pulmonary Infections (bronchitis, pneumoniaetc)

~ Constant upper abdominal pain worsened by eating or drinking

if you experience any of the symptoms above, Contact Us Immediately, they could appear immediately or a long time after a fill or for no apparent reason; if you decide to wait, there is a highter risk of complications.

Hope this helps...keep us posted sweetie! We are all concern...((HUGS!))...Jude

Thanks everyone for your replies! I've just had a chance to read them. Well, I still cant swallow liquids but i've been sucking on ice chips. Today is exactly a week since my fill. The first three days after my fill i was drinking hot tea, and eating soup..but my family came here and i guess i've been stressed so i tend to believe it's tight from stress. I still have a house full of people! I have lost 14 lbs since my fill last saturday. I know that's crazy! My fill doctor will be in next Saturday so if it doesnt loosen up by then i will definitely go and get some taken out. I am hoping it's just stress.

Thanks everyone!

Lisa B.

Hi Lisa,

14 lbs in a week could be indicitive of dehydration. Be very careful and if you feel weak, please seek medical help. You could need an IV for hydration. Does your Dr. have an emergency number?

I would treat this as an emergency and get help immediately.

Hope you feel better.

Cindy