Not feeling restriction from fill!

Had fill on friday, back on solids today and feeling no restriction. Had 1.7cc's. I can go back soon for fill if I need to (live in L.A.) but I was hoping to have some restriction from the first fill.

I haven't lost any weight in a week. I'm getting a little frustrated.

Will they do a fill sooner than 4 weeks after the first if I got no restriction?

Will it just eventually "kick in"?

HELP

Had fill on friday, back on solids today and feeling no restriction. Had 1.7cc's. I can go back soon for fill if I need to (live in L.A.) but I was hoping to have some restriction from the first fill.

I haven't lost any weight in a week. I'm getting a little frustrated.

Will they do a fill sooner than 4 weeks after the first if I got no restriction?

Will it just eventually "kick in"?

HELP

Sorry to tell you this, but sometimes it does "kick in" and sometimes it doesn't. Most people don't feel anything on their first one. I felt absolutely nothing different from my first fill of 2.0 cc's-- But I sure did after my second of .8cc's more! The OCC made me wait 4 weeks to get the second fill.

Hey Cindy,

Call them tomorrow and let them know - I have had fills with little or no restriction and went in for an adjustment within a week.

If this is your first fill they may not adjust – but call to see.

All the best,

Lisa

Just curious, did they charge you to "re-do?"

I bet they will just make me wait being its the first. I'm not feeling very hungry between meals, so maybe that's some restriction? But I didn't "feel" anything when I ate and felt I could have kept going if I had wanted to (but didn't). Maybe I just don't know what restriction feels like. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later. I will probably call tomorrow, just so they have it on record that I don't notice a difference.

BTW, I think someone asked if it was under flouro or blind...It was at the OCC under flouro.

My adjustments were not from the OCC, (I only did my first fill there) they were under flouro as well and I paid $100 for an adjustment if it was less then 2 weeks. So you can get a light fill under flouro - I learned to not get my fills in the AM when I was tight, never do it around my period, not eat salty food 24 hours before a fill and focus on being relaxed.

I believe the OCC would do it for much less (If they'll do it) it can’t hurt to call. (They are often very careful on your fist fill – they don’t want to get you too tight). I know many who have gotten too tight of fills and into the habit of PBing and its bad news. It causes swelling and you can't lose weight, it’s a bad cycle that they try and keep you out of. You end up having to get an unfill and some have to go on liquids for a while.

Not being hungry between meals is step one, but with a good fill you can only eat 1/3 of what you ate before - more than that is not possible.

Just curious, did they charge you to "re-do?"

I bet they will just make me wait being its the first. I'm not feeling very hungry between meals, so maybe that's some restriction? But I didn't "feel" anything when I ate and felt I could have kept going if I had wanted to (but didn't). Maybe I just don't know what restriction feels like. I guess I'll figure it out sooner or later. I will probably call tomorrow, just so they have it on record that I don't notice a difference.

BTW, I think someone asked if it was under flouro or blind...It was at the OCC under flouro.

I am going through the exact same thing. I have 1 fill in me and i've had no restriction to speak of. Got things stuck a couple times, but that was all my fault from not eating small enough bites or eating too fast. My appetite is decreased, but has been since surgery. I'm glad it's stayed that way, but I would like to feel some restriction. I can eat anything with no troubles. My next fill is on the 12th so i'm hoping for some then - we shall see!

Just remember this is a process and we have to be patient. Stick with the basics and once you have restriction that will help so much more!!! Unfortunately mine charge each fill regardless and I can't have one until after 1 month, but you will have to talk to your doctor about that. I'm not going to OCC for aftercare.

I find the unknown the hardest to deal with. Like so many things in life... we're blindly making our way through. What does a good fill feel like? What does restriction feel like? Unlike Shelby... my appetite after going back to solids is back full-force. It's so frustrating, but I'm trying to take it day-by-day and not over eat.

Kristy

Your first fill is 'priming' for you and your band, to get use to the idea of a little restriction. You don't want to shock your system and then your vody starts to rebel. You need to have patience and do this weight loss progressively. Start slow and stay on track kind of thing.

I had my first fill 6.5 weeks post op and I had a slight restriction for about a week and a half. I made my 2nd fill appt 4 weeks from my first fill and now I am doing good AND, for me, it didn't "kick" in until 5 days later, but that is how my body reacted to this fill this time. Like Ann Marie says, some don't get their 'sweet spot' until their 3rd fill ~ every person's body is different. Like Shelby says, stay with the basics and keep your focus on your goal.

At OCC, after your first fill, you wait a minimum of 4 weeks before your 2nd fill. I am going to use what Cathy's surgeon had said to her, "If you are using more willpower than bandpower, it's time for a fill". This is what I am going to do and make every effort to live the bandster life before I do get antoher fill for the reason what Lisa was saying about PBing.

Lisa ~ thanks for your tips about when/how you get your fills...good info.

You most likely want to read Dr. Ortiz's statement for success. He believes that woman should only receive a maximum of 2-3 fills.

http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=6555

I wasn’t able to do this – I had my fills performed by another doctor and I have the VG band – but if you’re going to the OCC you may hit your sweet spot faster than those of us going to other doctors.

Best,

Lisa

As I am reading everyone's comments about their first fill I am feeling discouraged! I so thought that you would feel something with your first fill. I am getting real close to having to schedule one. I just have to figure out where I am going to have it done. Working full-time and where I work it is very difficult to get time off. I have 6 days left on my post-op diet and I am struggling with my will power! I give myself the pep talk constantly. Then when I started reading about the lack of restriction I felt like I was facing a wall.

HELP

Email Response from OCC (Dr. So) today:

"Hi Ms Cindy

in 2 weeks, you can get another one

checklist if you are not losing weight:

1.- are you eating solids three meals a day.

2.- are you chewing thoroughly, not feeling full, and eating around a third of the volume of your preband intake?

3.- are you selecting your food judiciously?

4.- are you not losing weight or sizes?

if the answers to all of theses is yes, then you need a fill"

*So I guess I will go ahead and set up an appt for two weeks and see what happens. I can always cancel if I need to.