Anyone been postponed?

I am so paranoid, I am doing the 3 protein shakes a day and taking out the lean cuisine as my surgery is on Friday. I have lost only 2 lbs and I am super paranoid I am going to go down there and be turned away! I havent passed anything hardly and feel like I am retaining water, any suggestions? Has anyone on the board had to be post poned?

dont worry :) I was paranoid about this too as I was told to have two shakes and a light meal (lower bmi)...but they just said they dont want people gaining weight. One lady gained a few pounds and she still got it...just remember the less you weigh - the easier the surgery is on your body

I am so worried about this, too. I just hope that I didn't gain any weight between the time I emailed Dr. Miranda, and now, because of Christmas. I am too afraid to step on the scale to find out.

I havent gained any for sure, I am at 203lbs so I am not TOO high risk. My BMI is 31. I am still going to continue to get down as much as I can I just dont want to feel like I have to resort to fasting for the next 2 days. Thanks for your help!

I havent gained any for sure, I am at 203lbs so I am not TOO high risk. My BMI is 31. I am still going to continue to get down as much as I can I just dont want to feel like I have to resort to fasting for the next 2 days. Thanks for your help!

I was just banded on the 22nd of December, and I was worried about the same thing. They told me that I didn't have to do the pre-op diet because I have a lower BMI, but I couldn't gain over a certain amount. WELL, that was the wrong thing to tell me. LOL

My friend, who was banded on the same day, had to be on the pre-op diet for two or three weeks, so I did last about a week on it--trying to be a good friend and calm myself down a bit. But, as soon as the Christmas parties at work, family gatherings, etc. started coming, I quit the pre-op. I was very paranoid that I had overdone it! The day before surgery, I was afraid to eat anything. I did eat a small lunch, but it was not a "good for you" type lunch!

When I went in on surgery day, no problem. I had lost a little weight. Dr. Miranda was fine with everything. So, don't worry. Easy for me to say, huh? But, really, do the best you can, and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I am so paranoid, I am doing the 3 protein shakes a day and taking out the lean cuisine as my surgery is on Friday. I have lost only 2 lbs and I am super paranoid I am going to go down there and be turned away! I havent passed anything hardly and feel like I am retaining water, any suggestions? Has anyone on the board had to be post poned?

Jen, I am so happy you asked that question. I feel better with reading the responses. I only lost 5 lbs and I am starving. See you on the 2nd.

Robin

Is there anyone here who has a higher BMI, that didn't lose any weight or very little, but were still able to have the surgery. I am hoping since I am very healthy (outside of just being overweight) that that will help me incase I don't lose.

Jen, I am so happy you asked that question. I feel better with reading the responses. I only lost 5 lbs and I am starving. See you on the 2nd.

Robin

Me too! I feel so much less stress, of course I am going to stick with it but the paranoia is diminished! See you on Friday! :D

Is there anyone here who has a higher BMI, that didn't lose any weight or very little, but were still able to have the surgery. I am hoping since I am very healthy (outside of just being overweight) that that will help me incase I don't lose.

Those of us with higher BMIs have to work harder to lose the weight - the extra fat gets in the way of the surgery and we are trying to shrink our liver (I think that's the right organ…..) You’ll be able to do it – just keep following the diet and it will drop off – if you don’t lose all you’ll most likely still get your band – its more important in regards to making it a safer and easier surgery.