I AM A BANDSTER

I was banded on the 29th by Dr. Martinez. The OCC staff and hotel staff were so professional and friendly. I am feeling pretty good today. Yesterday I was very lethargic. I am on day 4 of clear liquids. I am NOT hungry at all but I am having cravings. When that happens I just sip on something then I'm fine. I was wondering about pudding... a craving I'm having. Is that only after day 21 or can we start that on day 10? I would also like jello...when can we have that? Thanks for your feedback.

SheRee

Hey SheRee,

Congrats on getting banded - check your paperwork, sometimes the rules change and what could have been OK for us - may no longer be an option for you if they removed.

Or someone who was just banded can you let us know what info you recieved.

take care and you're doing great - its always hard this time of the year!

Lisa

Hey SheRee,

Congrats on getting banded - check your paperwork, sometimes the rules change and what could have been OK for us - may no longer be an option for you if they removed.

Or someone who was just banded can you let us know what info you recieved.

take care and you're doing great - its always hard this time of the year!

Lisa

I was banded 12/12. I emailed Dr Miranda last week about pudding and jello. Her answer was simple, "No....if you can't drink it, don't eat it for 21 days"

Guest mansaw

I started jello on day 10 - Dr.M said the reason she says no to it is that it makes some people throw up. I needed a little something extra. Dont worry - you dont believe how good the drinkable (yop for me) is after your clear liquid faze - its amazing.

Congrats SheRee and WELCOME to Bandland! So glad you made it to the other side! YAY! Remember to sip, sip, sip and WALK, WALK, WALK!!

Yes, check your paperwork like Lisa says. I had my surgery in Oct and I wasn't able to have pudding during the first 21 days post op. I was allowed to have Jell-O, but added more water, so that it was like the consistency of the gelatin just getting ready to thickening and it stayed that way. It was basically watered down, drinkable and it was oh so good!

Welcome. I was banded 12/15. I was told no to both. This is a great place to learn about do's and don'ts. There are times when there are different points of view, but like it was earlier stated, I think that that is because they are constantly updating or changing diet requirements. I do know from personal experience that the Dr.'s are quick to respond to emailed questions.

just checking to see how you are doing sheree ?

I'm doing pretty good. Still bloated but down about 5 pounds. No hunger but of course craving food at times. I feel like 3 weeks is so long for just liquids but I'm not hungry. I actually feel so full just after drinking. My port incision is just a little sore but other than that all is well. Thanks for asking. How are you doing?

SheRee