private messages

Guest mansaw

I cant seem to private message - is this something else we cant do on here now too? :(

Yes no more PM's...how sad is that. I think this sight is really going to lose people because of this. I couldn't receive one from mona today and have no way to get in touch except using the public forum. What's crazy is then people get mad because they think we are not sticking to the topic. I am very disappointed.

Yes no more PM's...how sad is that. I think this sight is really going to lose people because of this. I couldn't receive one from mona today and have no way to get in touch except using the public forum. What's crazy is then people get mad because they think we are not sticking to the topic. I am very disappointed.

I HAVE TO AGREE, I HAD INFORMATION IN SOME OF THOSE, PHONE NUMBERS, EMAIL ADDRESSES ETC THAT I WOULD'VE LIKE TO HAVE HAD

A SAD BEGINNING TO A NEW YEAR :(

Of the many message boards I am a member of, this is the first time I've seen this happen.

Sad. The moderators do little moderating, but are big on cutting off an arm to stop a splinter. C'est la vie.

mona, I received notice of a PM from you, but am unable to read it. Send me an email at bwillard1912@aol.com - thanks!

Julie, I agree with you. Moderators monitor a board daily, and make appropriate judgements on postings. They move posts to appropriate boards, and answer questions right away. There are features, like PMs which allow us to communicate with each other without airing for all to see, just as you've mentioned. It would've been APPROPRIATE for the person making this decision to have had the decency to send us all communication (they can do that easily) informing us of the messaging option shut-down.

Oh well. Deaf ears will hear this, too.

Of the many message boards I am a member of, this is the first time I've seen this happen.

Sad. The moderators do little moderating, but are big on cutting off an arm to stop a splinter. C'est la vie.

mona, I received notice of a PM from you, but am unable to read it. Send me an email at bwillard1912@aol.com - thanks!

Julie, I agree with you. Moderators monitor a board daily, and make appropriate judgements on postings. They move posts to appropriate boards, and answer questions right away. There are features, like PMs which allow us to communicate with each other without airing for all to see, just as you've mentioned. It would've been APPROPRIATE for the person making this decision to have had the decency to send us all communication (they can do that easily) informing us of the messaging option shut-down.

Oh well. Deaf ears will hear this, too.

I'm a newbie, so I haven't had much experience with this site. I'm still trying to figure out what all I can do! It's a shame that admininstrators feel they have to be so harsh. :mellow:

I would not want to be a moderator on this forum for all the money in the world (OK, maybe for all……)

Its hard for us when we’re sitting on this side of the fence, and we can’t see everything that’s happened or understand what others have done. (I think that’s the hardest part – most of us wouldn’t do or say or send emails to people and we don’t understand what could be so bad) But some of you know since you have been on the receiving end. And from what I’ve heard, some of the PMs are pretty disgusting.

Most people on this board are kind and caring and will always do their best to not only succeed themselves but to help others succeed. Everyday, without fail, I see it and it amazes me and helps me to stay strong and continue to work hard. There are also people who are cruel and ignorant, and it shows in how they treat people, and I truly only feel sorry for them. Unfortunately the poor moderators have to deal with the whole lot of us. And I think we’re too old to have to be babysat and that’s what they have had to turn into - baby sitters. It really didn’t use to be like this – its just that a few have come on and set a bad tone – but that never lasts forever – people in general are good and caring and not into hurting others and the forum always gets back on track. Can you imagine if it wasn’t here for you when you where in your decision making stage? We really owe it to the newbies to get it back on track and pay if forward guys.

I’m not going to blame the messenger – I’m blaming the person who can’t control their bodily functions and have enough class to control their emotions. This is a great site to come and learn about the lap band, about Dr. Ortiz and educate yourself on the program – I’m so glad it was here for me, I'd most likely be in the mid 300's by now and I’ll continue to use it, my hope is that we become a safe place, to vent, learn, gain knowledge with support, love and caring.

Just imagine where you'd be today if you didn't get your band.... Its pretty scary for me to think like of that.

Lisa

Lisa you are very good with words! So non-offensive. If it hadn't been for this sight and all of the advice and reminders, understanding this whole procedure would have been a lot harder. To all of you out there that are out there to encourage, welcome, give advice when we seem to be stumbling, thank you.

If those who violated the protocols were the ones who were banned, and not ALL of us, then it would not be necessary to eliminate the function.

Agreed, most often it is the innocent who have to pay the price for the abuse of a few. Lisa is right on here... this site is and was a godsend to me prior to my surgery... and afterwards.

Love the information I've found here. And, friends that I've made. And most importantly... the support. I'll continue to hang around. However, for those of us on Facebook. I'm going to create a group (non-identifying because some of us have chose not to share our decision with family and friends) and it will be by invitation only. If you're interested... I can be found at kstock75@msn.com on Facebook. And, then you can be invited to join the group.

Kristy

This will be the third group from this forum to form on Facebook. The first was from people upset at the lack of action by moderators until it was WAYYYY too late to effectively correct a situation. The second, more recently formed, is new to me. There are approximately 72 people formerly on this forum who are active on Facebook. Some left due to drifting away, some left due to conflicts, some left due to cat-fighting with others [rowwwwrrrrrr-slash- slash].

Good luck with your group, Kristy! Maybe you can find a few more bandsters and everyone can learn from each others' experiences.

This will be the third group from this forum to form on Facebook. The first was from people upset at the lack of action by moderators until it was WAYYYY too late to effectively correct a situation. The second, more recently formed, is new to me. There are approximately 72 people formerly on this forum who are active on Facebook. Some left due to drifting away, some left due to conflicts, some left due to cat-fighting with others [rowwwwrrrrrr-slash- slash].

Good luck with your group, Kristy! Maybe you can find a few more bandsters and everyone can learn from each others' experiences.

LOL... thanks WillT --- guess it doesn't seem like the best idea. Sighs. I suppose there will be conflict and drama everywhere... bummer.

I'M A VERY HAPPY CAMPER TODAY TO SEE ALL MY PM'S ARE BACK AND I'VE TAKEN ALL THE INFORMATION THAT I WANTED TO KEEP SO IF THEY DISAPPEAR AGAIN, I'LL AT LEAST HAVE THE ALL INFORMATION I WANT :)

THANKS TO WHOMEVER PUT THEM BACK :)

Chad put them back up for us - he's removing in a week. So make sure you get everything! I already pulled all of mine.