recipes for liquid phase

Cheryl Kilcollins

Does anyone have any special recipe that they would like to share with us for the liquid stage? This is a long phase and I really love to have different tastes. I am working on some and when I get them figured out I will post, but in the mean time if you have anything good that you are keeping to yourself, please share

In the clear liquids stage I would cut up veggies and boil them with my broth, usually green onions and mushrooms. That way it added a little taste and I had something to do with my hands as far as preparation to make it feel like more of an event. Also I bought packages of Top Ramen, make the broth and throw away the noodles.

Later on in the full liquids stage when I felt really hungry, I'd go to the grocery stores where they have pots of soup that have been cooking all day and are nice and tender. A quick run through the blender until it is the consistency of milk hit the spot and gave me some extra nutrition beyond just the broth.

During my full liquid stage, I would buy the Cambell's Select soups and blend them up until smooth with a hand blender. I felt satisfied longer and they were really tasty. I didn't do the cream soups though - Dr. Miranda doesn't really recommend the cream soups as they are too rich in calories and sodium.

;)

During my full liquid stage, I would buy the Cambell's Select soups and blend them up until smooth with a hand blender. I felt satisfied longer and they were really tasty. I didn't do the cream soups though - Dr. Miranda doesn't really recommend the cream soups as they are too rich in calories and sodium.

Chelley - you mention that during your full liquid stage you did the blending of the campbells soups - was this okay with Dr Miranda and what day after your surgery did this happen? - cause the info she gave me before the 3rd full week the only extra thing that I am able to add in is the yogurt and the tomato soup? I am doing fine on the liquid stage and I am 9 days out - tummy grumbles a lot but I just try to drink water when that happens - I was just wondering---I have not had a appetite which I read can be normal - and I have a fear that if I do try something I will vomit PB slime and I don' even have saline in teh band---lol but I guess it is kind of good to think like that? at least at this stage or I would be right along with some that I have been reading on another forum that actaully see how much they can eat before thier first fill which in turn they have said its like a second last supper ----sorry I spent too much money to be thinking like that ---AND I APOLOGIZE in advance if anyone on this board has done this-- it is just a trend that I see way to much------oh and by the way if anyone would like to know as of 10.25.2006 and having surgery on 10.16.2006 these are my stats before surgery 267 dy of surgery 255 today 245 goal 175 maybe more but that will come along later - my next goal is possibly to be at 230 by Christmas ---I will probably schedule my first fill in mid - december ---

you have a wonderful day Chelley

I love reading your posts - you did inspire me when I first cam on this board - and I was sad along with you during the frustration of losing - I am glad to see you posting again ---

Cyndi ;););)