New Candidate for Lap Band

Hello Eveyone:

I will be scheduling my lap band for mid November. Any words of encouragement/advice from those who have been through it already. As anxious and excited as I am to do it, I'm alittle nervous too?!!

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Maggie :

Maggie,

Good luck on your surgery. I don't really have any good advice, but I am one on this board who really has had no problems as of yet. The band is working like it is supposed to, I eat anything, only less of it, and I am losing weight. I am however, very diligent about following all of the 10 guidelines for bandsters, including exercise, which is easy to skip.

You can read about what my experience has been like under the Newly banded section...banded August 28th.

The only advice I have for you is to make sure that you drink (sip) constantly after surgery. It was a pain in the neck, so I let it slide, and ended up with kidney stones. So drink more than you think you should.

Becki

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Maggie,

I think I know who you are :) the problem on this forum currently is that we don't have a lot of long term bandsters posting since the forum is kind of new (compared to the others) and it seems that once a bandsters is on their way and not having problems they kind of desert us! (I'm guilty of that myself on other forums!)

So.... anybody out there that knows a long(er) term bandster, let 'em know we need to hear from them!