Anyone ever use a WLS Coach?

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone here (or someone else you know) has ever used a WLS coach. They are also referred to as personal, life or weight loss coaches? I see a few advertising themselves on the different wls sites / forums and have been thinking about possibly hiring one. Seems like it would be helpful and a step beyond going to the online forums.

Hi everyone.

I'm wondering if anyone here (or someone else you know) has ever used a WLS coach. They are also referred to as personal, life or weight loss coaches? I see a few advertising themselves on the different wls sites / forums and have been thinking about possibly hiring one. Seems like it would be helpful and a step beyond going to the online forums.

By the way, is that you in that picture? If so, you are gorgeous!

By the way, is that you in that picture? If so, you are gorgeous!

oh no girl, that is so NOT me. Wish it was... hehehe. It's Beyonce, my latest body inspiration obsession.

:-D

From what I gather, a WLS coach is somebody who does life coaching, but with the twist that they're an expert on lapband or GB, and will sort of coach you on how to go about living your life well with it. They've probly had the surgery, and are certified. And this would be personal coaching customized for your particular life and how to go about it.

They would be a cross between therapist, coach, support system, etc. Seems helpful, as a lot of people need more support... especially if they start gaining back weight. There are monthly meetings and these

online forums, but otherwise what's to keep a person from completely falling off the wagon and losing hope. The monthly meetings might seem ok but spread far apart. I guess that's why some banders join weight

watchers because the weekly meetings. Here are links to a couple below. You can find some ads on obesity help, and a lapband coach actually hosts the band banter show on blog talk radio.

http://www.jeffcadwell.com/

http://www.weightlosssurgerycoach.com/glenn_wls_photos.shtml