Are you eating enough Calories and Proteins?

JazzyJude

Hi All~

People have been asking about how I get all of my calories and proteins in and thought this little tidbit might help you.

Currently, what I am doing is using 1200 as my base calorie and between 60 to 90 grams of proteins a day. Then I break it down to 300 per meal and 100 per snacks. I have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

NOTE: I don't eat all 3 snacks a day but it helps to have a 'leave way' if one of my meals is over 300 calories total, then I 'take away' one of the snack time. As long as I have my calorie intake between 1000 and 1200, I am ok.

Read labels ~ You really have to read the labels of all the foods you like to eat and figure out the calories and proteins intake/count. I had a heck of a time getting started and then now it's easy because I do this every week.

Menu planning ~ I plan out my menu on my weekend, for the whole week, so I don't have to say "Um, what should I have today?" or "Oh, I had this yesterday! Ugh!", etc. Make sure your pantry caters to your food needs. Nothing is worse than to have an empty "bandster" pantry and you may be at a frantic trying to figure out what to eat and then end up eating the wrong thing. This is not good planning at all.

Hope this helps you...

Hi All~

People have been asking about how I get all of my calories and proteins in and thought this little tidbit might help you.

Currently, what I am doing is using 1200 as my base calorie and between 60 to 90 grams of proteins a day. Then I break it down to 300 per meal and 100 per snacks. I have 3 meals and 3 snacks a day.

NOTE: I don't eat all 3 snacks a day but it helps to have a 'leave way' if one of my meals is over 300 calories total, then I 'take away' one of the snack time. As long as I have my calorie intake between 1000 and 1200, I am ok.

Read labels ~ You really have to read the labels of all the foods you like to eat and figure out the calories and proteins intake/count. I had a heck of a time getting started and then now it's easy because I do this every week.

Menu planning ~ I plan out my menu on my weekend, for the whole week, so I don't have to say "Um, what should I have today?" or "Oh, I had this yesterday! Ugh!", etc. Make sure your pantry caters to your food needs. Nothing is worse than to have an empty "bandster" pantry and you may be at a frantic trying to figure out what to eat and then end up eating the wrong thing. This is not good planning at all.

Hope this helps you...

Hi,

As always you do GREAT post!. I would like to know if you could share a sample day off of your menu with us. I always love to know what everyone else is doing.

Carrie

Yes like Carrie said that is another excellent post Jazzy!!! You inspire me and I am sure your gonna do super great!! Wish I had the time and gumption to be so diciplined. sp? =D>

Hi,

As always you do GREAT post!. I would like to know if you could share a sample day off of your menu with us. I always love to know what everyone else is doing.

Carrie

Yes like Carrie said that is another excellent post Jazzy!!! You inspire me and I am sure your gonna do super great!! Wish I had the time and gumption to be so diciplined. sp? =D>

OK, my weekly menu planner is at home and will share with you when I come on from home. It's nothing 'spectacular'...just what I, myself, like to eat. I will see if I can somehow take a picture of it and post it. If not, then I will just write it all down and go from there, so bear with me on this, it may take me a bit! HA! I am NOT that computer savvy as you all are!