Teens... c'mon - don't be shy!

LoriBecky

Come on teens.... I know you're out there! Don't be shy! Other teens need your support! If you are a teen with the band and would be willing to email with other patients, but don't want to post here, email me and I'll help you get in touch with other teen bandsters (or future bandsters)

Come on teens.... I know you're out there! Don't be shy! Other teens need your support! If you are a teen with the band and would be willing to email with other patients, but don't want to post here, email me and I'll help you get in touch with other teen bandsters (or future bandsters)

Hi Everyone,

Ok I am new to this forum, and it says I am a Newbie but please let me reassure you I am not. I am the 2nd youngest to get Lap Band Surgery by Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ortiz. I am also shown in Dr. Martinez book.

I have been starting to get more e-mails from other teens wanting to get the surgery done so I know I need to post here to help any other teens looking to answer any questions they may have. So if you have any questions or need to just talk please, I would like to hear from you. Thanks Cassie

Hi Everyone,

Ok I am new to this forum, and it says I am a Newbie but please let me reassure you I am not. I am the 2nd youngest to get Lap Band Surgery by Dr. Martinez and Dr. Ortiz. I am also shown in Dr. Martinez book.

I have been starting to get more e-mails from other teens wanting to get the surgery done so I know I need to post here to help any other teens looking to answer any questions they may have. So if you have any questions or need to just talk please, I would like to hear from you. Thanks Cassie

Hey Cassie,

I am having surgery Nov 1. I just have some quick questions for you..

I was wondering how was the post-op and was it hard to stick too?

I also was wondering how you are doing now, and how much you and everthing has changed??

Right Back soon..

Kyle =] :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Cassie,

I am having surgery Nov 1. I just have some quick questions for you..

I was wondering how was the post-op and was it hard to stick too?

I also was wondering how you are doing now, and how much you and everthing has changed??

Right Back soon..

Kyle =] :)

Hi Kyle,

I spoke to your mom and sounds like both of you are doing very well. I hope I answered all the questions you both needed. Please e-mail anything that comes up. I also filled your mom in on post-op and how I am doing today. Hey...let's echange pictures real soon. :) Cassie

Hi Everyone,

Hey Cassie,

My names Vanessa and I'm having my first appoinment for the lapband surgery on the 27th. But I'm not having it done by them because of where I live so its too far away. I'm having it done @ Children's Hospital. I'm really excited, and I haven't let on any nervousness to anyone. But I'm just so curious about it. One thing I wonder about is the plastic surgery. Both of my parents had GBS and my dad had LOTS of plastic surgery afterwards. I'm excited to hear anything you can tell me about the expirience.

Thanx!

Vanessa

Brand New Pics!!

2d0gykh.jpg

i took this picture tonight so it it BRAND NEW

2ild7o4.jpg

same with is one! I'm being kinda Silly :blink:

2n24s20.jpg

this is me and my BEAUTIFUL family

43hqwy8.jpg

And this one is me on vacation

Tell me what you think!

:P

Cassie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! This is Teri, I talked to you and your Mom on the phone for about an hour about the process, etc. about Kyle. He isnt here right now, but will be soooooooooooooo surprised!! You are so pretty and precious! Kyle has already lost 24 pounds and you can really start to tell. I cant believe how great you look!!!!! It has got to be a wonderful feeling. Your family IS beautiful!!!!!!!!! You all look terrific, thanks for sharing your pics. When we lose and are happy with the results, we will share pics too. Thanks again, Cassie! Teri :D

Ditto to Teri's comment!

YOU are GORGEOUS!

I'm curious...how old were you when you had your surgery? How much did you loose total and did you have plastic surgery and where?

I am the mom of a big kid. He is struggling so hard to find his place in the world. I would love for him to find the inner Tony and to stop feeding his addiction. I know because I feed mine.

Thank you so much for sharing.

WOW!

Cassie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You look gorgeous!!!!!!!!!! OH MY GOSH!!!! This is Teri, I talked to you and your Mom on the phone for about an hour about the process, etc. about Kyle. He isnt here right now, but will be soooooooooooooo surprised!! You are so pretty and precious! Kyle has already lost 24 pounds and you can really start to tell. I cant believe how great you look!!!!! It has got to be a wonderful feeling. Your family IS beautiful!!!!!!!!! You all look terrific, thanks for sharing your pics. When we lose and are happy with the results, we will share pics too. Thanks again, Cassie! Teri :D

aw thank you Teri!!

it dose feel great, haha

i'm so happy to hear how kyle is comming along

make sure you send me pictures!!!

Cassie :D

Ditto to Teri's comment!

YOU are GORGEOUS!

I'm curious...how old were you when you had your surgery? How much did you loose total and did you have plastic surgery and where?

I am the mom of a big kid. He is struggling so hard to find his place in the world. I would love for him to find the inner Tony and to stop feeding his addiction. I know because I feed mine.

Thank you so much for sharing.

WOW!

Thank you!

I was 13 years old when i got the surgury, i didnt get any plastic surgury anywhere, sinice i am young my body sortta snaped back.

and i understand youre worried for your child, i was there with my mom too, she would have done anything to make sure i was happy. and this surgury deffinatly helped me out alot. i love the person i am today, and i know i wouldnt be like this with out the help of my family.

the best of luck to you and your son!

Cassie

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum so i thought i'd introduce myself first.

My names Nina. Im 18. Live in Sydney, Australia.

I got the lap band done a bit over 2 years ago, end of Feb 2005. I had just turned 16 at the time.

Ive since lost 40kgs, i still need to lose about 10kgs to be the desired weight for my height, but its not coming off so easily.

I havent lost any weight in the past few months, even though im doing regular exercise and eating healthy.

The other thing is, i had some complications, infact, i still sort of do.

Since i had the surgery done i havent been able to eat anything properly.

At the start they said i just needed to get used to it and everything would work out, its now been 2 years and im still unable to eat any meat, bread, most salads irratate me unless their mushed together.

I mostly live off home made juices and mashed up vegies. I take a billion and two vitamins to try and keep my iron levels up.

I only had my band adjusted once since the operation 2 years ago, and that was at the very start.. but about 2 weeks later they took it all out. So for the past 2 years ive had to restrictions in my band, but i still cant eat any normal foods.

The only people that know that ive had the surgery done are my parents, and as of 2 days ago, my boyfriend of a year and a half. He finally understood why i never wanted to go out to dinner..

I have never regreted having the operation done because it has changed my life for the better, but sometimes i wish that it was a bit easier and that i wasnt constanly worrying about what i could or could not eat.

Hi Guys,

Im new to this forum so i thought i'd introduce myself first.

My names Nina. Im 18. Live in Sydney, Australia.

I got the lap band done a bit over 2 years ago, end of Feb 2005. I had just turned 16 at the time.

Ive since lost 40kgs, i still need to lose about 10kgs to be the desired weight for my height, but its not coming off so easily.

I havent lost any weight in the past few months, even though im doing regular exercise and eating healthy.

The other thing is, i had some complications, infact, i still sort of do.

Since i had the surgery done i havent been able to eat anything properly.

At the start they said i just needed to get used to it and everything would work out, its now been 2 years and im still unable to eat any meat, bread, most salads irratate me unless their mushed together.

I mostly live off home made juices and mashed up vegies. I take a billion and two vitamins to try and keep my iron levels up.

I only had my band adjusted once since the operation 2 years ago, and that was at the very start.. but about 2 weeks later they took it all out. So for the past 2 years ive had to restrictions in my band, but i still cant eat any normal foods.

The only people that know that ive had the surgery done are my parents, and as of 2 days ago, my boyfriend of a year and a half. He finally understood why i never wanted to go out to dinner..

I have never regreted having the operation done because it has changed my life for the better, but sometimes i wish that it was a bit easier and that i wasnt constanly worrying about what i could or could not eat.

Hello!

Did you say, you dont have any restriction in the band now? If you do, how much fluid? My teen was banded back in Nov, and he still eats pretty much anything, just a few bites here and there now, since he was just filled to 2.9cc. Great job on your weight loss so far!

Teri

Hello!

Did you say, you dont have any restriction in the band now? If you do, how much fluid? My teen was banded back in Nov, and he still eats pretty much anything, just a few bites here and there now, since he was just filled to 2.9cc. Great job on your weight loss so far!

Teri

Hey Teri,

I have absolutely no restrictions in my band.

The first time i went in after my operation they put in i think .5, but then 2 weeks later took it all out.

Ive had no restrictions for the past 2 years, but for some reason i havent been able to eat anything?

My local doctor thinks its stress related and that ive just put myself in the position where i think i cant eat anything, therefore whenever i do put something in my mouth, im forced to bring it back up.

Hey Teri,

The first time i went in after my operation they put in i think .5, but then 2 weeks later took it all out.

Ive had no restrictions for the past 2 years, but for some reason i havent been able to eat anything?

My local doctor thinks its stress related and that ive just put myself in the position where i think i cant eat anything, therefore whenever i do put something in my mouth, im forced to bring it back up.

Just a comment... Sometimes if I THINK I might PB I will throw up without really needing to. Literally my mind tells my body, throw that food up! But I didn't actually need to. Perhaps you could see a therapist? I am a therapist so I might be biased, but if it is psychological (and the mind really really affects the body) someone might be able to help. Good luck,

Karen

Hey Teri,

Just from talking to people who have had surgery, your situation sounds similar to a girl I was sitting with in the waiting room. She said she had a very small esophagus, and after she was banded with the Inamed 4cc band, 2 days later the Dr. had to take off the sm band and put in the larger one because she couldnt even keep water down with the sm. band. It was something like that, way to tight for her insides to handle it. Maybe this could be you, I'm not implying that, just sounds similar. That has to be awful for you, not being able to chew things, soups only, for 2 years, I give you so much credit for what you are going through.

Teri