canned soup/homemade soup

SandraMinnesota

2 questions , beginning with most important

1. Ha ha, like most bandsters, I am a good cook. I am 7 days post op, and okay to start creamy soups. I don't much like canned pea soup, but can make my own with some nice powdered flavorings (onion powder, etc) from a bag of dried peas. Is this okay to do, as long as I strain the soup? Also, you can buy creamy squash soup in a box now, and it is quite expensive, like $3.00/box for 2 small servings. I can make my own squash soup and it is made by using a blender for the squash. It can easily be strained. Any problems with making the soup, rather than buying a box of it?

2. I want to have one of the ticker counters below my posts. Though I have registered for one, I can't get it to take. I think it has something to do with pasting that html code, which I have not done. Any suggestions?

This post was accidentally put in the doctor's section, so I made a copy and put it here in the correct place--sorry for the duplicate.

Thanks in advance for your advice--Sandra :huh:

2 questions , beginning with most important

1. Ha ha, like most bandsters, I am a good cook. I am 7 days post op, and okay to start creamy soups. I don't much like canned pea soup, but can make my own with some nice powdered flavorings (onion powder, etc) from a bag of dried peas. Is this okay to do, as long as I strain the soup? Also, you can buy creamy squash soup in a box now, and it is quite expensive, like $3.00/box for 2 small servings. I can make my own squash soup and it is made by using a blender for the squash. It can easily be strained. Any problems with making the soup, rather than buying a box of it?

2. I want to have one of the ticker counters below my posts. Though I have registered for one, I can't get it to take. I think it has something to do with pasting that html code, which I have not done. Any suggestions?

This post was accidentally put in the doctor's section, so I made a copy and put it here in the correct place--sorry for the duplicate.

Thanks in advance for your advice--Sandra :huh:

I have not had my surgery scheduled and wondered how long after you contacted dr you got a date? Good luck on your journey.....

I have not had my surgery scheduled and wondered how long after you contacted dr you got a date? Good luck on your journey.....

I just called the toll-free number on the web site. I could have taken a sooner surgery, but my schedule did not permit. I booked in Sept. for the Jan. date. So far, things have gone very very well for me. I get hungry sometimes, but I can control it by drinking something. Every day is a nice new day! Sandra

Hi Sandra!

You can have your homemade soup as long as it is strained and not "chunky".

Here is a post that helped me with the ticker thing: http://www.lapbandforum.com/index.php?showtopic=5317

Good luck!

Thanks for ticker help! It worked! And as for the soup related comments, I guess what made me worry about acceptance of my homemade soups is that those veggies are blended into the boullion, and I read about the "no blender" rule. But then, I guess canned tomato soup must be blended too. Okie dokie then, I will go by the "if you can drink it through a straw" rule. Thanks again, Sandra (who is now going to see about getting a photo on, and may be back with another question!