How soon after surgery can I go to Disneyland?

I am 13 days post-op, and obviously I wouldn't go now, because I know I am still healing, but would like in 2 weeks be ok? I mean I feel well enough to go, no pain whatsoever, but I know being jerked around on rides wouldn't be a good thing right now, so I am thinking a few more weeks... What do you guys think?

I really think you will just have to listen to your body and if you start feeling tired or sore sit down and have a water or just relax. Don't push yourself. But you will know better than anyone if you are up for it.

I was banded 9/10 and went to DL 9/19 and 9/20. I rode whatever I wanted (everything) and had a great time. I felt fine. The only problem is making sure you stick to the diet. Have a great time.

Awesome! Yeah, I am going to wait until I am back on solids, to avoid having to find something to eat/drink there. We have annual passes, so we can wait a few more weeks. I just wanted to be sure I won't mess anything up in the inside going on rides. I am assuming whatever stitches they put on the inside to attach the band and port will be dissolved by then.

Can I go with you? I can supervise you. I really think it is best for you to have a chaperone. Seriously!! That way, I can test out each ride before you and let you know how it goes. I can test the pool too and let you how that is. Oh, and Animal Kingdom, maybe I ought to go ahead of you just to be safe. Yeah, I think you will most definitely need me to go along. When do I start packing?

Have fun!

I just registered to run the half marathon at Walt Disney World in January 2010. A goal I set to help me be more dedicated and accountable in the exercise department. I'm so excited just thinking and reading about it... I want to go now!

Kristy

I just registered to run the half marathon at Walt Disney World in January 2010. A goal I set to help me be more dedicated and accountable in the exercise department. I'm so excited just thinking and reading about it... I want to go now!

How awesome is that :) My daughter and I are going to Walt Disney World in Nov for the first time, and I hope to be a 100 lbs thinner, and look good in a bathingsuit when I go in the piano shaped and guitar shaped pools..lol.